News Article: Meet Kakko at NHL Store today December 3

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
this is great but why can't the NHL and NY Rangers plan these events on the weekend. not everyone can leave their job for this chance to meet one of the future NHL stars.

NHL really needs to do a better job of promoting the game. they decided to do this during the week when people work. these events should always be on the weekend in my opinion

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I am just happy they are limiting the no of items autographed per person so the vultures who hang around MSG every game stay away

that is how it should be. I wish I can attend this. I am one of those that get those autographs and keep them. I hate scumbags that make money off of the player's autograph. that is why I rather get a personalized autograph with my name and whatnot

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
that is how it should be. I wish I can attend this. I am one of those that get those autographs and keep them. I hate scumbags that make money off of the player's autograph. that is why I rather get a personalized autograph with my name and whatnot

When I met Kakko at the Euro Hockey Tour in Brno, I asked him to sign 3 pucks for me and I already felt uneasy having him sign 3 pucks. I did it for a giveaway on Twitter and didn't make any money but when you go to a game at MSG 3 hours before the puck drop, you see the same fans every time like vultures haunting for autographs, with boxes full of pucks. It's despicable.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
When I met Kakko at the Euro Hockey Tour in Brno, I asked him to sign 3 pucks for me and I already felt uneasy having him sign 3 pucks. I did it for a giveaway on Twitter and didn't make any money but when you go to a game at MSG 3 hours before the puck drop, you see the same fans every time like vultures haunting for autographs, with boxes full of pucks. It's despicable.
You got them to advertise a way to gain more followers for your twitter. So not necessary for money but still a motive behind the act ;)

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I just don't understand how and why they rarely have these events on the weekend or when more fans can attend. this is awful marketing. go figure
They probably get plenty of foot traffic on weekends in the store so they don't need to do this then. Same reason why cool baseball game giveaways tend not to occur during marquis matchups when the game is a sellout anyway.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Remember that 1 guy with the autograph book who had that kid hired to get autographs for him at the draft? Had like 10 pictures of every player and tried to get them all signed. Ridiculous.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Remember that 1 guy with the autograph book who had that kid hired to get autographs for him at the draft? Had like 10 pictures of every player and tried to get them all signed. Ridiculous.
Wow, no shame. This is why we can't have nice things.

Show me 100 ppl and I'll find you 5-10 wackos who ruin it for everyone else. Sad.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ehhh guys are just trying to make a buck, it's a pain in the ass but no one is getting hurt, no big deal. Autograph hounds have been around forever. Some of those guys put a lot of time and effort into it.

Reactions: eco's bones

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
The degenerates and low lives looking for a dozen signatures makes me ill.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it makes me ill, but I wouldn't buy anything autographed just to have it. I only have 2 autographs (Wayne Gretzky and Ron Greschner) and I got both of them from the person in person - not from sponsored events, but just because I happened to bump into them and chat them up - to me, that's a lot more special than something I bought.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Ehhh guys are just trying to make a buck, it's a pain in the ass but no one is getting hurt, no big deal. Autograph hounds have been around forever. Some of those guys put a lot of time and effort into it.

To me a player if he doesn't like other people profiting off of events like this sets himself up by doing them anyway. There is always a corporation or two behind it all besides. People and entities profit off of celebrity.

Reactions: nyr2k2

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
That seems like a harsh evaluation. Again, they're just looking to make a buck. Everyone is looking to make a buck. Lots of different ways to capitalize on the fame of athletes.

It's celebrity culture. People can't get enough of movie or music stars or royalty. They lose their shit over them. For those who don't like seeing or taking part in stuff like this my advice would be to avoid these kinds of events.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I guess you'll just have to go sometime when you have no class.
giphy.gif

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I wish this was better promoted, I was in the vicinity yesterday and today. Had no idea.

Last year, I went into the NHL store and stumbled into a Ryan Strome signing. He was very gracious. I was the last person on the autograph line and we talked for 15 minutes. I get the autographs for my grandson but I treasure the conversations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad