Medicine Hat told to vacate Arena

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Maybe the team could just temporarily relocate to Lloydminister or something till this is all straightened out.

Round John

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Can't picture Medicine Hat without the Tigers. I imagine this is a last resort to bring more pressure for an agreement. This isn't the first time there have been issues between the city and the Tigers in respect to leases. Really brutal time for Medicine Hat, sky high unemployment, tough times going to make reaching an agreement a little trickier and very important.
If the team were to move, it would not be temporary. If the team leaves, it is gone. Could another from the WHL move to Medicine Hat? Possible. Depends on the legalities. If the Tigers are evicted would the team keep their regional rights and block another potential team from moving in? I'm thinking of Kootenay specifically. Or would the Ice's lease agreement in Cranbrook not allow them to move? If the Tigers were to leave, where would they go? Lots of variables and this is a huge headache the league doesn't want during the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad