Media Question

Al Bundy*

I was watching the NHL Network, and there was a brief feature on the infamous Eddie Shore/Ace Bailey incident.

That got me wondering.

Can you imagine how that would been played out in today's media and such?

For instance, Rocket Richard's 5-goal game, the aforementioned Shore/Bailey incident, the near-fatal Gordie Howe injury, etc.

How would today's media and all the stuff we have today portrayed those events?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
5 goal game would be... well, nothing special. Unless it's a playoff game (which is why the game is huge to begin with).

Shore-Bailey : Lawsuits. ... Pretty much what would have happened if Perezoghin would have hit an helmet-less Stafford... But in the NHL.

OORRR

5 goal game : 7 Threads

Shore-Bailey : 46554376352 threads over the next 3 weeks.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I was walking around the concourse in the arena in Boston before the game on Tuesday and they have a montage of photos as you walk through of great moments in "Garden" history (the old building) and they do have the picture of the Shore-Bailey incident up there and I always have to stop and look at it.

In the picture, Shore himself is down on the ice because apparently Red Horner just laid him out and Shore hit his head on the ice. He needed 7 stitches, but wasn't too badly hurt.

The media would probably treat it the same way they did the Bertuzzi-Moore thing. With the insufferable Anderson Cooper on CNN solemnly asking where hockey went so wrong.....while I change the channel to avoid the coverage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad