Media Predictions of Vegas Knights

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Curious if there's a summary anywhere of how different media talking heads predicted Vegas would do this year before the season started?

Any amazing predictions by anyone in the media that they would make the cup finals?

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Honestly, I would have considered any journalist who predicted this to be terrible.

Congrats to Vegas!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I hate this revisionist talk when people point out that everyone expected Vegas to be bad, to be honest. The people making jokes about people saying Vegas would suck this year also said/thought Vegas would suck, because literally no one saw this coming. A vast majority of their roster have had either career seasons or have made massive jumps in ability.

The projections for this year were dead wrong with Vegas, but I also expect them to be wrong for next year. I don't find Vegas' success to be sustainable in the near run, just because of how many guys they had that had great seasons.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
I hate this revisionist talk when people point out that everyone expected Vegas to be bad, to be honest. The people making jokes about people saying Vegas would suck this year also said/thought Vegas would suck, because literally no one saw this coming. A vast majority of their roster have had either career seasons or have made massive jumps in ability.

The projections for this year were dead wrong with Vegas, but I also expect them to be wrong for next year. I don't find Vegas' success to be sustainable in the near run, just because of how many guys they had that had great seasons.

I'm not saying it in a revisionist way, I thought they would be terrible as well. I still couldn't name more than about six guys on their roster to be honest.

My curiousity is more about all the people shouting about how rigged it is and what a sweetheart deal Bettman gave them etc., I don't think anyone before the season started thought Vegas was handed a powerhouse right off the ba.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Seems we don't have a shortage of people complaining how the league gave Vegas a super team via unfair expansion draft. I hope they all have placed bets on Vegas last summer so at least they can cry themselves to sleep on bags of money.

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
Seems we don't have a shortage of people complaining how the league gave Vegas a super team via unfair expansion draft. I hope they all have placed bets on Vegas last summer so at least they can cry themselves to sleep on bags of money.
My bet is they don't. There's salt in those bags, not money.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Lies. All of it.

#ImDoneWithNHLwhatajoke

The real genius of Bettman was that he managed to draft a Vegas team that would not only win the cup but fool literally everyone (including the team's own management) in the process. He took evil genius to a while new level just to stick it to all the long suffering fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad