Media Battle: Canucks Province beat writer Jason Botchford vs Dan Russell of CKNW

mavstar

No expectations
Aug 12, 2011
Vancouver
Oh please, who listens to the radio or reads those rag papers Sun/Province? Both of these guys are irrelevant.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Being a fan of both the Canucks and Jets I've tried figuring out who is worse.

Jason Botchford or Gary Lawless. Gary Lawless is a fat arsehole who never wanted the Jets back, yet he's their beat writer. Thinks he knows EVERYTHING. Then you have Botchford who is a dumb smuck.

And I don't even remember who Dan Russell is from when I used to listen to CKNW :help:

wristshop

May 9, 2013
I'm not sure what Botchford has against the whl? He's always been a "Fox News" kind of reporter...the Team 1040 has lost so much credibility since they've been infiltrated by The Vancouver Province sports department. I wonder why that paper is hanging on by a thread?

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
These guys are both idiots don't waste your time getting caught up in their planned media drama for hits.

digger18

Feb 23, 2009
Williams Lake B.C.
I used to listen to sports talk back in the day.....I got tired of hearing callers that were making valid points being cut off and ripped a new arsehole in a five minute rant by Russell, simply because he didn't agree with their opinions. He lost all credibility with me when he spouted off about Prince George being a crappy hockey community, simply because the locals stopped lining Rick Brodsky's greedy pockets, when he's put zero effort into making the Cougars a winning organization for 15+ years!

However, I do respect his years of service in the media.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Rather watch sekeres go against sheldon.

At least that would be a somewhat intelligent arguement

TheBleedingEdge

Feb 13, 2012
Botchford is the type of person who complains but has no ideas of how to actually fix the situations he speaks of. Seems like a negativity generator, his articles are formulaic and predictable.

Typical hack writer that we have for our local media.

King of the ES*

Botchford is the type of person who complains but has no ideas of how to actually fix the situations he speaks of. Seems like a negativity generator, his articles are formulaic and predictable.

There wasn't a lot of "positivity" about the Canucks' season this year to write about. Warning signs were everywhere with this team.

Nothing wrong with Botch. Probably the ballsiest member of our media, which you've at least got to respect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->