Meanest, Toughest, and Craziest Players In This Draft?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I am tired of most of the Oilers team playing like they are worried about breaking a nail. Who is this year's Kyle Clifford? We need tough, mean, and crazy, who fits the bill and could we land him/them in rounds 2, 3, and 4? Keep in mind the 2nd round pick could be 31st or 32nd overall so the player would have to be all of these things AND skilled. IMO we could use a couple of these players this draft because we are lacking this type of player in a big way.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
boone jenner supposedly forechecks like an animal, colin jacobs is tough as nails, seth ambroz... supposedly fights, but has been trending down for a while, all I think have a chance to be a really late 1st, early 2nd.

Oct 15, 2008
I really think you should start training and learn how to skate.

We wouldnt even need to draft you thus saving our picks for more offensively skilled players.

Im not even joking.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I really think you should start training and learn how to skate.

We wouldnt even need to draft you thus saving our picks for more offensively skilled players.

Im not even joking.

LOL! If I were brought up in a hockey rabid area and I would've learned how to skate reasonably well I probably would've made a damn fine enforcer :) That said at my age there's no way that I'd be able to bridge the gap against guys that have decades of experience. If you just wanted a gorilla on skates, then maybe, I'd be down with league minimum :naughty: :) Maybe the next generation of BBO might :yo:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Mark McNeill
Kale Kessy
Travis Ewanyk

Those are three gritty/tough WHL guys.

MitchRobichaud

Jun 6, 2007
Halifax
www.hockeysense.ca
I'll throw these names out from our rankings:

All Forwards, I'll add Defensmen at a later date if you want.

WHL
Myles Bell
Colin Jacobs
Jacob Doty

OHL
Austen Brassard
Mark Scheifele
Ben Thomson
Derek Mathers
Justin Thomas

QMJHL
Brent Andrews
Ryan Tesink

Not much for pure nastiness from the Q this season. A lot of these guys are hard forechecker who I believe have a chance to develop into NHL caliber players with the exception of Derek Mathers and Jacob Doty who would be a pure enforcers.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I am tired of most of the Oilers team playing like they are worried about breaking a nail. Who is this year's Kyle Clifford? We need tough, mean, and crazy, who fits the bill and could we land him/them in rounds 2, 3, and 4? Keep in mind the 2nd round pick could be 31st or 32nd overall so the player would have to be all of these things AND skilled. IMO we could use a couple of these players this draft because we are lacking this type of player in a big way.

David Broll (SSM - OHL) is a gritty player, power-forward type with skill. Got knocked out in one of his last fights though.

He's 6'1, but is like 220lbs or something. Very solid.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
David Broll (SSM - OHL) is a gritty player, power-forward type with skill. Got knocked out in one of his last fights though.

He's 6'1, but is like 220lbs or something. Very solid.

The second name that popped into my head when I saw the thread title after Siemens.

Last edited:

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
WHL- Mitch Elliot and Jesse Forsberg could be added to the list. As a Canuck fan I really hope the Oilers don't pick Kessy so that's probably who you want;), plays like he was shot out of a cannon, fought Mcilrath as a 16 year old, etc

R S

Sep 18, 2006
WHL- Mitch Elliot and Jesse Forsberg could be added to the list. As a Canuck fan I really hope the Oilers don't pick Kessy so that's probably who you want;), plays like he was shot out of a cannon, fought Mcilrath as a 16 year old, etc

Yeah, Kessy is a wildman. He plays like Lucic.

The Hulk

Dec 22, 2010

WHL
Myles Bell
Colin Jacobs
Jacob Doty

OHL
Austen Brassard
Mark Scheifele
Ben Thomson
Derek Mathers
Justin Thomas

QMJHL
Brent Andrews
Ryan Tesink

Not much for pure nastiness from the Q this season. A lot of these guys are hard forechecker who I believe have a chance to develop into NHL caliber players with the exception of Derek Mathers and Jacob Doty who would be a pure enforcers.

Tesink isnt very tough. He's a skiled player who shys away from contact.

MitchRobichaud

Jun 6, 2007
Halifax
www.hockeysense.ca
Tesink isnt very tough. He's a skiled player who shys away from contact.

Not in the games I seen, he was involved physically and trash talked quite a bit. He'[s definitely not the strongest, but he does get involved. I mostly just added him in for the trash talking I seen in the games I viewed and because there just isn't very many mean and nasty guys coming from the Q.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Yeah, Kessy is a wildman. He plays like Lucic.

Then this is the guy that I want to draft! Good stuff guys and everyone that's contributed to this thread :yo:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com

OHL
Austen Brassard
Mark Scheifele
Ben Thomson
Derek Mathers
Justin Thomas

Justin Thomas is an interesting name. He got off to quite a good start in the SOO and is definitely a good player (and NHL prospect). Unfortunately for him, that shoulder injury probably crushed his chances at an NHL draft selection. If he doesn't get injured, and continued to play well, we'd probably be talking about him as a potential top 60 selection.

I don't really get the inclusion of Brassard and Scheifele in this thread though. Both guys have size, but I sure as heck wouldn't include them as part of a thread listing the "meanest, toughest, craziest" guys in the OHL. Brassard's inconsistency offensively stems from his inconsistency in using his size. He's a huge project. While Scheifele is an excellent two way player a guy who's always around the puck, he's not someone out there throwing his body around and getting in people's faces.

Two of the names from the OHL who immediately popped into my head were Joseph Cramarossa and Mitchell Theoret. Cramarossa is a really hard working forward who's a critical player for the Majors. He throws the body around, fights, and works his butt off every shift. He's also got more offensive skill than his stats would lead you to believe. Theoret is a big physical winger who's a pretty similar player as Cramarossa. And he's in a similar situation with icetime on a high quality/deep team. When Niagara had some injuries recently, Theoret was seeing time on the top line and he looked fantastic.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Brent Andrews

This is a bit of a head-scratching inclusion.
Andrews is simply a defensive forward who finishes his checks. I really don't see how that fits with the idea of mean, tough or crazy.

For Q draft eligible defensemen, the best one to mention would be Dillon Donnelly (leading the league in major penalties) or maybe Garrett Clarke, although the latter is unlikely to be drafted.

arsmaster*

WHL
Myles Bell
Colin Jacobs
Jacob Doty

OHL
Austen Brassard
Mark Scheifele
Ben Thomson
Derek Mathers
Justin Thomas

QMJHL
Brent Andrews
Ryan Tesink

Myles Bell is a defensman....

Sabes

Feb 27, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Last edited:

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
This is a bit of a head-scratching inclusion.
Andrews is simply a defensive forward who finishes his checks. I really don't see how that fits with the idea of mean, tough or crazy.

For Q draft eligible defensemen, the best one to mention would be Dillon Donnelly (leading the league in major penalties) or maybe Garrett Clarke, although the latter is unlikely to be drafted.

Same thing for Samuel Noreau (Baie-Comeau Drakkar).
He is a big and mean d-man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->