Mdt 6/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
I guess there’s only a finite number of ways to say “we haven’t heard a thing yetâ€

:)

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
hossa-the-future said:
the meeting day threads used to get filled with posts how come they dont anymore, people are getting bored of this i guess?
on an other note here is a funny lockout song
: http://rapidshare.de/files/2363411/time_with_your_wife.mp3.html

LMAO! I wasn't sure what I'd think of it since it's called "Time With Your Wife", and I'm a girl, but it was pretty funny! :biglaugh: If I were married though, I'd be spending a lot of time with my husband watching hockey........ ;)

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
My prediction

the second business day after the NBA finals.

(and if thats already past, then I've no idea)

Gus Fring

May 16, 2004
Ottawa
Leafer4Life said:
LMAO! I wasn't sure what I'd think of it since it's called "Time With Your Wife", and I'm a girl, but it was pretty funny! :biglaugh: If I were married though, I'd be spending a lot of time with my husband watching hockey........ ;)
I have a bunch of lockout songs let me know if you anyone wants me to post some

King_Brown

The NBA will have a CBA before the NHL does, and NBA is pretty much put there best offer forward now, and its off the table come July 1.

King_Brown

I don't understand Billy Hunter wanting a lockout. Uncle Stern as offered such a awesome offer, with small changes to the current system. What more do they want?

If the greediest people on earth the NHLPA accepts what we all want linkage and a cap, the NBPA is screwed big time and so is the MLBPA. A group thats negotiated the greatest thing ever introduced to sports LINKAGE and a CAP.

I still doubt the NHL and NHLPA will reach a deal to save NHL hockey. It wont be until January that they realise that the Owners are for real, and will accept linkage at 50% and a cap at $20 million.

We should go outside there meeting room and start a huge WE WANT LINKAGE chant.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=127821

TORONTO (CP) - The NHL and NHL Players' Association continued to plug away at a new deal with another small group session Monday, making slow and steady progress towards finally ending the ninth-month lockout.

It doesnt say that todays meeting ended anywhere, but the general feeling comming out of this article is that this is done within a week or two... Even though it doesnt say THAT either, you know it will be.

So, the end is definately in sight.

OPTIMISIM x 239840293840928!!

The Major

Feb 13, 2003
edm.ab.ca
Visit site
Just saw a Sportscentre update on TSN. Rod Smith says the meetings have ended for today, and a source says there is enough material still to go over to draw this out for another 2 weeks.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
hossa-the-future said:
can someone post quotes from this? , every time i go on to sportsnet
all my internet windows close and i have no clue why

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=s061319A
NHL, NHLPA plug away in labour talks; deal could be done before end of the month

posted June 13 @ 17:05, EST

TORONTO (CP) - The NHL and NHL Players' Association continued to plug away at a new deal with another small group session Monday, making slow and steady progress towards finally ending the ninth-month lockout.

While the economic framework is largely in place - based on a salary cap - there remains enough work to drag this out another two weeks or so, according to sources.

Last edited by a moderator:

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
AM said:
the second business day after the NBA finals.

(and if thats already past, then I've no idea)

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing too. It's dumb how they need to play the waiting game to wait until the NBA Finals are over to get a little more attention. But I guess they figure they need to. I hope they do it sooner but I'm guessing it'll happen 2 or 3 days after the Final game of the Series.

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
OilMan89 said:
Just saw a Sportscentre update on TSN. Rod Smith says the meetings have ended for today, and a source says there is enough material still to go over to draw this out for another 2 weeks.

I hate how they keep saying this. They've been saying the same thing over and over...week after week. When are the "couple weeks" of working out the details going to end. I sure hope it's sooner rather than later. This is getting crazy. Do a marathon meeting and end this torture already! :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad