Series Talk: MDSF: (3) Penguins vs. (2) Islanders - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

I almost feel like this is Sullivan projecting his own feelings and him giving a hint that Guentzel's going to be viewed as the top unit net front presence going forward.

I sure hope so. I've been clamoring for this more or less all season. Get Hornqvist off the 1st unit FFS.

EDIT: Oh he IS for this game? That's cool. I mean... I guess. Love how this team starts making good decisions when there is absolutely, positively no other alternative and they are at the brink of elimination. It would be nice to come around on these things maybe a little bit before the 11th hour, moving forward.

Last edited:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I wouldn't go that far.
All the other teams can tilt ice much more than us and get between the dots with way more regularity.
Isles will have a tough road vs anyone left.
Can they make an OTT '17 type run? Sure but that OTT team the likes of EK and Stone.
The Kuhnackl's, Komarov's, Filppula's will be shut down past us and things won't be as easy for the Eberle's, Bailey's, Barzal's, Nelson's, Lee's.

They'll have to play perfect in Round 2 to get to the Conf. Final and they'll lose that if they get that far.

Ottawa was a team with a hot goalie and clutch scoring. These Islanders are territorially dominant. I don't see these as the same types of teams at all.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
A little bit of what we’ve all been saying...I know people hate this guy but he’s not wrong...

HockeyBuzz.com - Ryan Wilson - The writing has been on the wall and nobody wanted to read it

*Reads article*

"They're losing because of Gudbranson. If Olli Maatta was playing, the Penguins might be winning. Also, Ron Hainsey didn't cost the Penguins a Stanley Cup like I said he would, but he might have."

:huh:

There's usually very little value in what Ryan Wilson has to say and this is no exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad