Injury Report: McQuaid Out 3-4 weeks

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
I don't think the dropoff from McQuaid to Johnson is all that large to be honest, hope he recovers quickly, but I'd like to see Krug in the lineup now.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I had no problem with the hit except Lucic would have probably gotten a boarding call on the same exact of play.
Definitely a clean hit with unfortunate outcome.

That said, I agree with your comment completely and think it's a big problem with Lucic's game right now. I don't think the guy has a clue what he can and can't do on the ice.

Between Quader's nasty surgery before the season and this, he'll look back on this as a year to forget. I think he'll be back and intense as ever -- certainly next year.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
this is not the end of the world

Ottawa is 3 points back without Mikalek, Karlsson, Spezza AND Anderson (and maybe a few others?) that's the equivalent of us losing Horton, Krejci (for more than just day to day) Chara and Tuukka. Yet they are still doing well. The Bruins need to do some soul searching and start playing with heart and bear down. That's the only way they can win.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Dreger is going to go on insider trading tonight and announce that the Bruins are trying to get Chudinov to come over once the KHL play offs are finished.

LyndonByers

Nov 1, 2006
Tough loss in the toughness department. A guy who is always willing to come to a teammates defence and doesn't pick his spots.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Dreger is going to go on insider trading tonight and announce that the Bruins are trying to get Chudinov to come over once the KHL play offs are finished.

Chudinov wearing Michael Ryders old # 73 is in the Conference Finals playing against Dynamo Msk, the series is tied at 0-0.

Would like to see what this guy can do, as I have heard a lot about him, I just hope he doesn't turn into another Yuri Alexandrov, all hype and no action.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Chudinov wearing Michael Ryders old # 73 is in the Conference Finals playing against Dynamo Msk, the series is tied at 0-0.

Would like to see what this guy can do, as I have heard a lot about him, I just hope he doesn't turn into another Yuri Alexandrov, all hype and no action.

I was kidding I don't think he wants to leave Russia.

I do think the Bruins are going to get Ryan Whitney and Ryan Smythe for cheap though.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
meh.
he was our worst of the top 6 so far this season.
johnson wont be that big of a drop off. if at all.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I don't see Smythe leaving. He loves it there. Whitney I can def see him coming here. I think coming to a contender especially his hometown team, which he bought tickets to see in the playofffs would elevate his game.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sucks for McQuaid. :(

But Johnson has played very well in the limited starts he has had. I have no issues with him playing at all.

exactly, and I'm a McQuaid guy. Boston will be adding two Cup vets in mid to late April for the playoffs, rested and ready

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
seems like a good time to get a look at krug. gotta see how close he is to taking ference's spot. seids is better on the right side anyway.
This, this, this!

But won't happen.
This is what I hate about Boston.
They know what they have in Johnson, but why not give Krug a try?
Give him 5 games.
They always go with the player they know that won't hurt, but won't
help them either. See the bazillion call ups of Trent Whitfield.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't think McQuaid out is that big a deal as far as Johnson replacing him (Johnson IMO has played pretty well in his starts-he isn't Chara, but he doesn't have to be).

I do hope he heals quickly and am sorry he was injured-it was a freaky landing on a clean hit and the way he landed and responded didn't look good.

Chia still needs to make moves, but if he looks for defense, looking for somebody to replace McQuaid isn't really going to improve anything. He needs somebody who can play strong on the second pairing (and hopefully allow for Seids to play with Chara in the playoffs).

murphdasmurf2

@SieveOfDaNation
Mar 2, 2011
Brentwood, NH
twitter.com
injury bug is hitting the B's full force now.

Kelly
Krejci
Quaider

who's next.

This sucks.

Say that to Panthers fans :laugh:

Cue the "what Panthers fans?"

Would have liked to have seen someone at least say hello to Thorburn there though. It was clean , just an unfortunate outcome.

Edit: What was the shoulder he had surgery on in the off season? The blood clot? Wonder if it was the same one (not saying it makes a difference, just curious)

Also signing Komisarek as a healthy scratch practice punching bag for Lucic may wake his ass up :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->