Injury Report: McNabb to LTIR LBI

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Surely it's LTIR? I don't think we can afford IR.
Yeah, LTIR.

And along with that, we'll go 13F5D with the 5D being Holden! Shudders. Or wait, if Holden in place of Hague was to maximize LTIR space and we'll bring up Hague, we'll run 12F6D with Glass on the roster. Wonder who will play in the top-4, technically should be Whitecloud, but that makes the bottom pairing Hague-Holden which doesn't sound very nice.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, LTIR.

And along with that, we'll go 13F5D with the 5D being Holden! Shudders. Or wait, if Holden in place of Hague was to maximize LTIR space and we'll bring up Hague, we'll run 12F6D with Glass on the roster. Wonder who will play in the top-4, technically should be Whitecloud, but that makes the bottom pairing Hague-Holden which doesn't sound very nice.

To be honest, I have as much faith in Holden as I did in McNabb when it comes to avoiding mistakes, maybe more. McNabb is a big presence, but he could have improved his turnover rate and crease defense.

That said, Holden is roughly the same salary as McNabb. Couldn't they try bringing something like Coghlan and Hague to build up a little cap space? Clearly I don't fully understand LTIR cap space.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
To be honest, I have as much faith in Holden as I did in McNabb when it comes to avoiding mistakes, maybe more. McNabb is a big presence, but he could have improved his turnover rate and crease defense.

That said, Holden is roughly the same salary as McNabb. Couldn't they try bringing something like Coghlan and Hague to build up a little cap space? Clearly I don't fully understand LTIR cap space.

You can't use LTIR to "bank" space AFAIK. It's essentially borrowed space that is only good while it's in use. Coghlan vs Holden would be minor cap savings because Holden was counting against the cap even when he was on the taxi squad.

I'd say it's pretty likely they just leave Hague with Whitecloud and slide Holden in with Petro. I just hope it allows enough runway to get Glass in and let Kolesar be a healthy scratch.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
You can't use LTIR to "bank" space AFAIK. It's essentially borrowed space that is only good while it's in use. Coghlan vs Holden would be minor cap savings because Holden was counting against the cap even when he was on the taxi squad.

I'd say it's pretty likely they just leave Hague with Whitecloud and slide Holden in with Petro. I just hope it allows enough runway to get Glass in and let Kolesar be a healthy scratch.

Thanks, that was the kind of explanation I was looking for.

And honestly, I'm not entirely uncomfortable seeing Holden in for McNabb. I abhored Holden at first, but it seems like he's settled it down a lot.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Wouldn't be shocked if McNabb is on LTIR with a confirmed positive COVID test. Didn't seem to be any reports of injury and finished out their most recent game on the 26th.

Teams are allowed to place Covid positive players on LTIR regardless of whether team doctors think the player will need the full 10 games and 24 days to recover. The player still has to miss those 10/24 though.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Wouldn't be shocked if McNabb is on LTIR with a confirmed positive COVID test. Didn't seem to be any reports of injury and finished out their most recent game on the 26th.

Teams are allowed to place Covid positive players on LTIR regardless of whether team doctors think the player will need the full 10 games and 24 days to recover. The player still has to miss those 10/24 though.

If placing him on LTIR would allow them to have Glass and Hague on the ice at the same time then I would say you are absolutely correct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->