Prospect Info: McLovin

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Not liking Superbad is understandable but I don't see how it's a stoner movie. I may be misremembering but I don't think pot is ever even refernced in it. Maybe the one party they end up at where they make Michael Cera song?

Mean Girls though is legit

Stoner movies, to my mind, are movies that are only funny if you're stoned out of your mind, and primarily marketed towards that crowd. Pot does not have to actually be referenced. See also: Napoleon Dynamite, The Big Lebowski.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Eurotrip, road trip, superbad, Old School, get him to the Greek. All great movies. People too easily offended now otherwise there would be more like them.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
0E137A56-5DF2-4FC2-9450-6BCD16EA14E3.jpeg
It's a nickname that makes literally no sense unless you've seen a movie that was bad and which most people, quite justifiably, did not see. You're not referencing something like Indiana Jones that's a good movie and a legitimate cultural phenomenon- you're referencing "The Great Muppet Caper", which was as popular relative to the other movies released that year as Superbad was.

Speaking of which...

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Stoner movies, to my mind, are movies that are only funny if you're stoned out of your mind, and primarily marketed towards that crowd. Pot does not have to actually be referenced. See also: Napoleon Dynamite, The Big Lebowski.
Now you’re going after Napoleon Dynamite!? Classic in every sense of the word. Sober or not.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It's a nickname that makes literally no sense unless you've seen a movie that was bad and which most people, quite justifiably, did not see. You're not referencing something like Indiana Jones that's a good movie and a legitimate cultural phenomenon- you're referencing "The Great Muppet Caper", which was as popular relative to the other movies released that year as Superbad was.

I can guarantee you more current NHL players know who McLovin is than any character from Indiana Jones that isn’t Indy himself.

Also the Great Muppet Caper is terrific, but Muppet Treaaure Island is the best, thanks primarily to Tim Curry.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Foegs is what it should be.

The NHL is already full of bland, boring nicknames that are nothing more than a shortening of a players name, why add another one?

Pretty sure that most people who were born within about a 10-year timeframe (i.e. people who were 15-25 at the time) definitely saw Superbad at some point.

As someone who was starting high school when the movie came out, I can confirm. Not only had pretty much everyone seen it, but it was quoted daily for a long stretch. And it still holds up today.

Coincidentally, guess what I just noticed is playing on TV right now. Haven't seen it for a while.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
So everyone’s sky high on Foegele right now. People are slightly down on Necas at the moment. Who ya keeping moving forward if we could for whatever reason only keep 1 of them?
Very tough question. In the hypothetical I'm going to guess that McLovin's game is not one that leads to a long career as it will be hard on his body. Also, I think that although Necas is still in the steep point of his learning curve, once he starts to figure the NHL game out, his game will be much improved and as important to the team going forward. So, Necas. And pretty easily, too.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013

Reported.

But seriously, you are ripe with dumb takes in here.

"The funny thing about my back is that it's located on my dick"? f***ing great. Get outta here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad