News Article: Mclellan-set-to-become-kings-head-coach

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
He will be a good coach there, plus the incentive of living back in Cali. This organization is just putrid, cursed, and unintelligible. I feel like no other teams should evaluate players/coaches based on their performance in Edmonton, it's a black hole where talent of all forms comes to die.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He will be a good coach there, plus the incentive of living back in Cali. This organization is just putrid, cursed, and unintelligible. I feel like no other teams should evaluate players/coaches based on their performance in Edmonton, it's a black hole where talent of all forms comes to die.

I think this is true. This organization is so dysfunctional it skews an evaluation of a coach Like TMac.
I am not at all surprised that he has found another NHL head coaching job so quickly.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I wish him well. It’ll be a tough gig getting that team to respectability given the state of their D and aged forward core. There are a lot worse gigs than coaching in California.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Todd was a good coach. Everyone forgets when he first came, he had to teach the Oilers how to play hockey. They were terrible in their D zone, relied on scoring off the rush, had terrible practice habits, and low morale. He turned them into a team who were 1 game away from the conference finals. Even this year there was zero improvement when they switched coaches, possibly even a regression.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Agree that McLellan did great early.

But terrible later.

Glad he is in our division on a poor team to boot.

Just hope Woodcroft doesn't follow him.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Buffalo got burned again. They’re literally Oilers East lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad