Rumor: McKenzie: TOR Finalist for Michigan St F Taro Hirose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Brian Burke used go out and sign a bunch of these "free wallets" , but in reality so few of these previously undrafted free agent signings amount to anything.

I think I heard something like for every 100 players signed league wide only about 5 or 5% go on to play 100 or more NHL games in their entire careers.

The potential of more immediate playing time would have probably made up a good part of the appeal back then. As a more competitive team nowadays that might find itself close to the cap ceiling, perhaps the current Leafs will have a much different type of appeal to offer. The risk is still low enough to chance the possibility of any reward to be found from this.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
As someone who was wrong when he didn't see the point of the Trevor Moore signing I'll say you can never have too many lottery tickets. Especially now when the prospect pool is thinner and the contract space is basically certain to be available. Especially when it's Dubas at the helm picking who he wants from the lot. As much as you might want to knock him on his RFA contract negotiations, he's been pretty solid at identifying talent to add to the system so I'm good with any guys he wants to take for free.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
5’-10” when he goes to bed, unfortunately still 5’-10” when he wakes up.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
He did, but he also got the opportunity, Hirose isn't getting that opportunity the team is to loaded up front that's why I don't see us landing Hirose

You could've said the same about Trevor Moore a couple of years ago.

If anything, the Leafs will have greater opportunities for college free agents, given that they need to fill out the bottom of the roster with cheap talent.

Reactions: Kiwi and Menzinger

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I would mention Carcone and Timashov as potential NHLers long before Marchment. Along with Engvall and Bracco, that is 2/3's of your top 9 wing group who are legit NHL candidates. Marchment, Baptiste and Gagne are outside shots who are more likely to be AHL fillers long term, although Gagne has been promising with his play of late.

Nothing wrong with healthy competition though. If a new player proves to be a better option he’ll win over icetime needed.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
McAdam, Hutch, LoVerde, Olesky, Jooris, Baptiste, Subban, and maybe even Mueller & Gagne will be let go from the NHL deals.

We have plenty of room lol

Also we have what 6 7 NHL RFAs not including Marlies.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Hirose can replace Ennis next year I think

Hyman Tavares Marner
Johnsson Matthews Kapanen
Marleau Petan Nylander
Hirose Gauthier Moore

Rielly Muzzin
Gardiner Duszak
Dermott Ogzhiganov

Andersen
Sparks

:rolleyes:

How many times have you seen the Deuce play?

and they'll be no more Gardiner on that blueline after this year and i'll be surprised if Nylander is still around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad