Rumor: McKenzie: TOR Finalist for Michigan St F Taro Hirose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
What does that have to do with anything?
Hopefully he'll be playing in the NHL not against average HF members.

Yeah, I mean why go after these college pseudo-shrimps when we should circle back and see if that tall drink of water, Brayden Irwin is still available. I wonder what he’s up to these days?...Oh wait...

Brayden Irwin, Sales Representative , Royal LePage Real Estate Services Ltd. | Royal LePage

TL;DR: Size doesn’t matter like it did in the old days.

Reactions: Warden of the North

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yeah, I mean why go after these college pseudo-shrimps when we should circle back and see if that tall drink of water, Brayden Irwin is still available. I wonder what he’s up to these days?...Oh wait...

Brayden Irwin, Sales Representative , Royal LePage Real Estate Services Ltd. | Royal LePage

TL;DR: Size doesn’t matter like it did in the old days.
agreed and absolutely none of that has anything to do with the size of the posters here which was the point

Last edited:

member 262271

Leafs interested in literal bulldozer to play for the team, operator hire pending. OH MY GOD HE'S SO BIGGG :laugh:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Since the average height of NHLers are about 4 inches higher than the average male, I'm going to continue to consider a player's height a meaningful attribute. The entire Leafs' team are taller than the average Canadian male except for Petan and Ennis. Are we going to pretend that there isn't a pattern?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Our prospect depth is getting a little bit thin. At that point, you don't worry about fit or needs or anything. You acquire what talent you can, and hope that the process lands you a solid NHLer at some point.

Prospect depth getting thin? even if that were true, and it's not unless you believe dealing one 1st round pick is a massive devastating blow to the prospect pool.

That's a good thing that means the Marlies are successfully developing plauers for the Leafs.

But again the prospect depth in Toronto is not getting thin, top 3 prospects in our system are still there

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Prospect depth getting thin? even if that were true, and it's not unless you believe dealing one 1st round pick is a massive devastating blow to the prospect pool.

That's a good thing that means the Marlies are successfully developing plauers for the Leafs.

But again the prospect depth in Toronto is not getting thin, top 3 prospects in our system are still there

The Leafs likely have a bottom 5/10 pool in the league.

Mostly that’s because they’ve graduated a ton the Leafs over the last couple years (a good thing). But outside of Sandin/Liljegren and Bracco there’s just a ton of question marks really

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

We're looking good on D and goalie prospects, but would you agree that our forward prospects are looking a little thin?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
To those complaining about the kids size, would you rather the Leafs not add a free asset?

Signing this guy isn’t blocking the team from doing anything. At best he is a dirt cheap replacement for Ennis at worst a guy for the Marlies.

There’s zero legitimate reasons to be upset about this, other than crying for the sake of attention

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We're looking good on D and goalie prospects, but would you agree that our forward prospects are looking a little thin?

Center wise yes, I have said many times once you get past our big e there is NOTHING at center, we got Matthews Tavares and Kadri and that's it that's why wanted us to draft Veleno because there is NOTHING in terms of center prospects.

But Bracco, Marchment, Engvall I think there are a few potential NHL plauers on the wing, and obviously Sandin and Liljgren on D

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don't think the 50 contract limit has ever caused an issue for a team looking to make an acquisition.

Yeah, not really.

It's easy enough to go to another GM and say "hey, want AHL Player for your AHL team for future considerations".

Half the league is sitting at 46 contracts or less. Just 4 teams have 49 or 50 contracts.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
McAdam, Hutch, LoVerde, Olesky, Jooris, Baptiste, Subban, and maybe even Mueller & Gagne will be let go from the NHL deals.

We have plenty of room lol

The Leafs don't need to worry about contract room as much as roster space. It's going to be tough to give people ice time.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Brian Burke used go out and sign a bunch of these "free wallets" , but in reality so few of these previously undrafted free agent signings amount to anything.

I think I heard something like for every 100 players signed league wide only about 5 or 5% go on to play 100 or more NHL games in their entire careers.

Reactions: cookie

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Brian Burke used go out and sign a bunch of these "free wallets" , but in reality so few of these previously undrafted free agent signings amount to anything.

I think I heard something like for every 100 players signed league wide only about 5 or 5% go on to play 100 or more NHL games in their entire careers.

Though, considering the Marlies always needs bodies what’s the harm in gambling on even a 5% chance of getting a useful asset?

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Though, considering the Marlies always needs bodies what’s the harm in gambling on even a 5% chance of getting a useful asset?

Marlies don't need bodies for next year. At least not on the wing or on RD, which is where the two potential signings would play. They need centers and LD more than anything.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Center wise yes, I have said many times once you get past our big e there is NOTHING at center, we got Matthews Tavares and Kadri and that's it that's why wanted us to draft Veleno because there is NOTHING in terms of center prospects.

But Bracco, Marchment, Engvall I think there are a few potential NHL plauers on the wing, and obviously Sandin and Liljgren on D
Marchment and Engvall might become useful depth guys, and Bracco is a solid top nine prospect. Three guys of which one projects to have an impact is very thin, I doubt there's more than a few organizations in the league with even less than that. We need to keep adding prospects that we can develop as cheap replacement pieces.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Marchment and Engvall might become useful depth guys, and Bracco is a solid top nine prospect. Three guys of which one projects to have an impact is very thin, I doubt there's more than a few organizations in the league with even less than that. We need to keep adding prospects that we can develop as cheap replacement pieces.

I would mention Carcone and Timashov as potential NHLers long before Marchment. Along with Engvall and Bracco, that is 2/3's of your top 9 wing group who are legit NHL candidates. Marchment, Baptiste and Gagne are outside shots who are more likely to be AHL fillers long term, although Gagne has been promising with his play of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad