Rumor: McKenzie: TOR Finalist for Michigan St F Taro Hirose

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
better conference than Duszak's, but a year older than duszak, and not quite as impressive production relative to position.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
better conference than Duszak's, but a year older than duszak, and not quite as impressive production relative to position.

Hirose is 13 points ahead of his team's 2nd highest scorer and 16 points ahead of the team's 3rd highest scorer
Duszak is 10 points ahead of his team's 2nd highest scorer and 17 points ahead of the team's 3rd highest scorer.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

10. Taro Hirose (Camp Invitee, Undrafted)
A smaller forward (5-foot-10, 161 pounds) who plays a smart two-way game, Hirose quietly went about his business, performing well in all five of Team Sittler’s scrimmages. Hirose has good awareness on the ice and great hands, scoring two goals against the draftees and generating some quality chances for his line. He may be too much of the same type of player Toronto already has in spades to garner another look down the road, but Hirose made his presence felt on the ice.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Can’t see an issue with taking these types of chances.

Maybe sometime you get lucky and find a Spurgeon in the bunch.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He also wanted Debrincat instead of Korshkov. I'm sensing a pattern here. And it's not just a size thing.

I think Dubas firmly believes that if you can draft/sign top scoring leaders from the CHL/NCAA/wherever, that there's a good chance someone of them will translate. Everything else doesn't matter.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Funny thing is, Dubas wanted the Leafs to sign Gourde out of the ECHL.

They didn't, he signed with Tampa, and the rest is history.

Kyle Dubas joined the Leafs organization in July 2014.

Yanni Gourde signed his first NHL contract in March 2014.

Not sure you're right on this one...

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Very few of these undrafted NCAA types become serviceable NHLers. And the ones that do are almost always small guys who can score.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Best NCAA Free Agent this year by far in my opinion.

I would also look at Alex Limoges and Cam Lee, among others.

Kuffner, Veronneau and Sturm are fine too, but I like a few other guys before them. I also like Dakota Joshua more than most guys we could get as well.

It means the Marlies can use Timashov as a trade chip, since his value is at an all-time high.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Ya everyone that is complaining is right, we have no need for another possible Martin St. Louis in our lineup!!!! It sucks that Dubas keeps taking flyers on these overpaid, high draft choices that we already have too many of!!!! :sarcasm:

Reactions: hockeynorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad