TSN: McKenzie | O’Reilly would be absolute godsend to Canadiens

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
it wasn't meant to excuse them...just find the twist of fate cruel

Sounds more self-inflicted than fate. Habs have been dreadful at not being able to land a center even in the second round. Need to upgrade scouting staff since they won't can the GM.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Dream scenario, if I'm permitted to dream:

- Sign Tavares
- Trade Max for ROR (they would want a top line winger for Eichel)

JT-ROR-Phil would be one super transformed center line.

Reactions: Zorba

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Sounds more self-inflicted than fate. Habs have been dreadful at not being able to land a center even in the second round. Need to upgrade scouting staff since they won't can the GM.
I wasn't absolving them of that...maybe that post came off the wrong way.

Just found the way things have worked out to be fatefully cruel.

No doubt their also the master of their own demise

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
They'll try Tavares first and maybe consider ROR but please ffs, don't trade our pick or whoever we draft for him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Wouldn't Buffalo want young players in return? Pacioretty is a non-starter with only one year left on his deal.

Maybe they do want to get younger. If so, yes, I see them asking for Galchenyuk.

But they save ROR's 5 remaining years at 7.5M by trading him. And between Galchenyuk and Pacioretty, only one of them have established themselves as a 30+ goal, 60+ point player for consecutive seasons.

By going to Buffalo, Max gets closer to home and MAYBE he would be willing to extend with Sabres. And playing with Eichel could be enticing enough for Max to want to stay there.

Maybe MB can use that as a negotiation tactic? "I'm willing to take 7.5M off your books for the next 5 seasons, I don't want to give one of my young guys up for that."

Reactions: 417

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

- Sign Tavares

Add in Dahlin and that is a fantastic team.

Drouin-Tavares-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Oreilly-Scherbak
Hudon-Danault-Lekhonen
Byron-DLR-Shaw

Dahlin-Weber
Mete-Petry
Reilly-Juulsen

Reactions: Phozzwald

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
buffalo would demand that our first would need to be included,

MB will not do that.....so this discussion ends there

Reactions: Habs100

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

- Sign Tavares

If you go to the Buffalo Sabres forum, they're also discussing these McKenzie/Dreger comments.

First of all, they think someone like O'reilly who gave it his all last year, is the last guy that should be traded.

Second, many say the only thing we have that they'd want is our 1st. The fans definitely don't want Pacioretty.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
If you go to the Buffalo Sabres forum, they're also discussing these McKenzie/Dreger comments.

First of all, they think someone like O'reilly who gave it his all last year, is the last guy that should be traded.

Second, many say the only thing we have that they'd want is our 1st. The fans definitely don't want Pacioretty.
Too bad that fans don't get a say. If they did, we wouldn't have the GM we currently have.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

the important is not what the fans want but what Botterwill want

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I wouldn't assume that Bergevin won't try to sign Plekanec. I see 1x$3M or 2x$5M. He and Julien love the guy.
Plekanec's more likely to sign a PTO next year than get a 2yr deal from any NHL team, including the Habs.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
ROR would make sense if Subban was never traded for Weber, Shaw was never acquired and extended, Sergachyov wasn't traded for Drouin, Radulov and Markov were re-signed, and Galchenyuk was allowed to develop as a centre.

In short, it's much too late to add anything to the roster.. rebuild is the only answer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad