Speculation: McKenzie: Everyone save for 5 players are available to trade from Florida

mbitonti

Sep 30, 2013
I doubt anybody will really want people like Steeg and Flash until closer to the trade deadline when teams are gearing up for a push towards the cup

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Some of the vets will be desirable when teams get hit with injuries and the deadline approaches

hockey dude

Aug 26, 2011
Bob McKenzie mentioned tonight that aside from Marcel Goc, Jonathan Huberdeau, Sasha Barkov, Nick Bjugstad and Erik Gudbranson, everyone on Florida is available for trade right now. He also said that teams are more interested and calling about Shawn Matthias and Dmitry Kulikov, rather than the veterans.

stolen from trade subforum...

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1537123

Please trade Matthias. Watching him get 7:43 minutes of ice time is a ****ing joke on a ****ing joke of a team!!

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Yessss, Kulikov is so close to getting traded. I can taste it, i can feel it in my bones! Im so excited to see what we get in return for that a**hole!

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
not now but in the offseason, if Luongo became available to go to Florida what would be your fanbase's feelings be on it? it is obvious for family reasons that he wants to be there over vancouver or anywhere else. I don't see him retiring on his contract if he is there. He has 4 more years at 6.7actual salary and then his contract numbers drop quite a bit, cap hit of 5.3million over 8 more years.

i'm not asking values but would you guys be okay with him coming back or would you rather wait and develop Markstrom or try something else?

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I don't know why it's so difficult for people to think Goc is unavailable.

The guy is extremely consistent, plays the entire rink, and is the ideal 3rd line center for any hockey team. I think Tallon wants to keep him because of that reason alone. Drew Shore may one day be our 3rd line center, but right now we are in possession of a great piece in Goc.

The only players I really would like to see stay are Goc, Flash and Campbell. Campbell because I know he could do well with a better D core around him, Goc for the reason above, and Flash because I think he's still a great offensive player that needs good linemates. He is a perfect 2nd line LW for a great team, so I would much rather keep him at this point.

Versteeg and Kulikov need to go.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
not now but in the offseason, if Luongo became available to go to Florida what would be your fanbase's feelings be on it? it is obvious for family reasons that he wants to be there over vancouver or anywhere else. I don't see him retiring on his contract if he is there. He has 4 more years at 6.7actual salary and then his contract numbers drop quite a bit, cap hit of 5.3million over 8 more years.

i'm not asking values but would you guys be okay with him coming back or would you rather wait and develop Markstrom or try something else?

I personally would love Luongo back here.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
That's the exact group that I figured would be safe. Although, I am a bit surprised with Goc but am glad to hear it as I want him a part of this team for the coming years. I see him as a great asset in many areas and he brings good veteran experience for the kids to mentor from.

I'm on the fence with trading Kulikov since he still has potential for the future, but over the last week, I'm more inclined to give into it with his mistakes.

I'm surprised Markstrom wasn't included in the list as well. Unless goaltenders aren't included. I know he's struggling this season, but he still has the possibility of a huge future ahead of him.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

I haven't heard anywhere that he's going to resign during the season, so I don't understand why he isn't available? I like him just like I like Weaver, but if they aren't going to resign, I want some value for them.

Last edited:

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Yessss, Kulikov is so close to getting traded. I can taste it, i can feel it in my bones! Im so excited to see what we get in return for that a**hole!

Idiotic comments like this is why I've been staying away from this board this season. Kulikov has become the scape-goat for people, even when he doesnt make mistakes people here post Pejorative Slured statements.. like this one..

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
That's the exact group that I figured would be safe. Although, I am a bit surprised with Goc but am glad to hear it as I want him a part of this team for the coming years. I see him as a great asset in many areas and he brings good veteran experience for the kids to mentor from.

I'm on the fence with trading Kulikov since he still has potential for the future, but over the last week, I'm more inclined to give into it with his mistakes.

I'm surprised Markstrom wasn't included in the list as well. Unless goaltenders aren't included. I know he's struggling this season, but he still has the possibility of a huge future ahead of him.

Markstrom isnt included because he is playing for SA right now.

But...if we were able to get Luongo in the offseason, I would look to see what we could get for him.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Idiotic comments like this is why I've been staying away from this board this season. Kulikov has become the scape-goat for people, even when he doesnt make mistakes people here post Pejorative Slured statements.. like this one..

It's because they don't know what they're talking about.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

The guy is extremely consistent, plays the entire rink, and is the ideal 3rd line center for any hockey team. I think Tallon wants to keep him because of that reason alone. Drew Shore may one day be our 3rd line center, but right now we are in possession of a great piece in Goc.

The only players I really would like to see stay are Goc, Flash and Campbell. Campbell because I know he could do well with a better D core around him, Goc for the reason above, and Flash because I think he's still a great offensive player that needs good linemates. He is a perfect 2nd line LW for a great team, so I would much rather keep him at this point.

Versteeg and Kulikov need to go.

Not disputing his value to this team but quality 3rd line centers aren't that hard to acquire. He's going to be a UFA and we could lose him to free agency. Losing him for nothing when we could get a quality return is poor asset management. If we want to keep him then Tallon should sign him tomorrow.

Why does Kulikov need to go? Because he's our best defenseman?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
The RL contract is ridiculous. I think we'd hurt ourselves long term to take that on. Van would have to keep a substantial amount of that contract for it to be worth it.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Why does Kulikov need to go? Because he's our best defenseman?
That's not what I've been reading from post-game threads here. A lot of people complaining he's a turnover machine. Not to say I'm in the "trade him" camp. Just saying, I doubt he's actually our best defenseman right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->