McKeen's Top 100 for 2006 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Some real surprises but you can expect this list to change over time. I feel that they underrated some Euro players and I suspect their list in December will correct that.

As for nationality breakdowns

In the first round

U.S. 10

Can 9

Rus 4

Czech 3

Slov 2

Swe 1

Fin 1

As for league breakdown

CHL 13

NCAA/USHL/Prep 8

European 9

As for the top 100 there are 40 Canadian players ranked, 27 from the U.S. and 33 from various European countries

KeepitinPitt

Mar 31, 2004
Gibsonia, PA
Belizarius said:
It's the 3rd brother of the family. Plays center for Peterborough.

Is he the last of the Staal brothers playing hockey? I can't remember if there are three or four but I was under the impression that the youngest has the most potential.

JSmith81x

Your weapon is guilt
Dec 20, 2002
Visit site
KeepitinPitt said:
Is he the last of the Staal brothers playing hockey? I can't remember if there are three or four but I was under the impression that the youngest has the most potential.
There are 16 Staal brothers. Their mother was taking fertility drugs, and her husband and docktor were also secretly slipping them to her as well. Their goal was to create to superteam of Staals, so that announcers would be forced to call them by their first names and not their last. The Stanley Cup would then be renamed the Staal Cup, the Art Ross the Art Staal, and so on ...

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
KeepitinPitt said:

There's one more... I think it's Jared?

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Curious about the Swedes. Are these guys on the list?:

Tony Lagerström
Patrik Berglund
Oskar Johansson
Erik Moe
Stefan Ridderwall
Jhonas Enroth
Niclas Andersén

At least Andersén, Lagerström and definitely Enroth should be there...

Transported Upstater

King'sPawn said:
There's one more... I think it's Jared?

I think the word out of Thunder Bay is that the family considers the youngest Staal to have the highest potential :eek:
I mean, he's only in Peewee yet I think, so it's somewhat hard to discern that, and don't quote me on that, but I could have sworn I heard that somewhere...

He has some pretty stiff competition...Eric Staal is the best overall player in the 2003 draft to me (which is a massive compliment), and Marc was (I believe) the 2nd or 3rd pick of the OHL bantam draft and 12th overall pick in the NHL draft who nearly made the Rangers out of his initial camp. Jordan was the 3rd pick in the 2004 OHL draft and also appears to be a likely high pick in the 2006 NHL draft.

What do they put in the Thunder Bay water?

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
How many times do we have to have the Staal brothers coversation? This comes up in every single '06 draft thread. I think we should sticky a thread explaining the whole thing to everyone to prevent every thread from going off on the same tangent.

The fourth Staal brother, Jared, is not on the same level as his brothers.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
PuckFan01 said:
I am curious what spots Ryan Flynn and Mike Forney are.

They have Forney in the mid-first round and Flynn early in the second.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Ryan White of the Calgary Hitmen

I'm sure Ryan White must be in the top 100, he's big and strong, knows how to score, most importantly he's a winner with a huge heart. He's always underated in the beginning, but rises to the top.....

Transported Upstater

cagney said:
How many times do we have to have the Staal brothers coversation? This comes up in every single '06 draft thread. I think we should sticky a thread explaining the whole thing to everyone to prevent every thread from going off on the same tangent.

The fourth Staal brother, Jared, is not on the same level as his brothers.

OK that answers my question then :D

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Ryan white??

sbtatter said:
I'm sure Ryan White must be in the top 100, he's big and strong, knows how to score, most importantly he's a winner with a huge heart. He's always underated in the beginning, but rises to the top.....
Just bumping my question up again.....

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
fedorov_jr said:
anyone know where tysen dowzak is? i heard mention of this kid in the top 10 possibly......

hes late first. they dont have bobby sanguinetti in the 1st, but hes top 15 on iss. does anyone know anything about andy inderdeiden, from breck (mn) hs? hes another big mn forward ranked in teh top 35, but i dont remember him from any selects, showcases, etc. i was also to see brian day ranked so high, and sean dolan and kevin crane ranked at all.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
orangeandblack said:
hes late first. they dont have bobby sanguinetti in the 1st, but hes top 15 on iss. does anyone know anything about andy inderdeiden, from breck (mn) hs? hes another big mn forward ranked in teh top 35, but i dont remember him from any selects, showcases, etc. i was also to see brian day ranked so high, and sean dolan and kevin crane ranked at all.
Sanguinetti can skate rings around Dowzak.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
VOB said:
Don't worry there bigd, by May everyone will be singing Sanguinetti's praises and have no clue who Dowzak is.

sanguinetti will probably be the 2nd defenseman taken in next years draft when its all said and done. also i said last spring nigel williams would make a run at the top 10, and still think thats very realistic.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Again Sanguinetti will probably be overlooked by a lot of people because he plasy in such a small market.

Luckily, as we saw with Ryan, NHL scouts are too smart for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->