Mckeens Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Legionnaire said:
What do you mean by that? If you question is "Are the Preds ranked exactly where I think they should be", then no. Nobody is ever going to rank the prospects exactly like you want.

I think all the guy was asking was if they actually WRITE a decent amount about his team. You know, the way ESPN focuses on Detroit and Colorado and TSN focues on Canadian teams. Its not worth paying for if 80% of the material is on the Laffs or another Canadian team alot of us dont care about.

Why are so many people on these boards complete a$$e$ when someone asks a question?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
theBob said:
I think all the guy was asking was if they actually WRITE a decent amount about his team. You know, the way ESPN focuses on Detroit and Colorado and TSN focues on Canadian teams. Its not worth paying for if 80% of the material is on the Laffs or another Canadian team alot of us dont care about.

Why are so many people on these boards complete a$$e$ when someone asks a question?
Because the same people are the ones that want to get lists and information for free at the costs of others who pay.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
theBob said:

Right. Do think anyone would take McKeen's seriously if they did their work like ESPN? No.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Enoch said:
For those contemplating becoming a member, is it actually worth the 5 dollars or am I just throwing my money in the waste basket to see a meaningless list? Do they do the Preds justice?

So it would be worth 5$ if they have ranked Predators' prospects high???

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Pepper said:
So it would be worth 5$ if they have ranked Predators' prospects high???

Are you illiterate? Two separate questions with two different answers. I wanted to know what type of articles they put out, and then I asked if they percieved a bias against the Preds. I do not want to pay 5 bucks for garbage. Understood?

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
The real question is would it really be a huge financial setback if your $5 investment didn't pan out?

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Wondercarrot said:
The real question is would it really be a huge financial setback if your $5 investment didn't pan out?

Its 5 dollars a month or 50 dollars a year. I'm not going to spend what tantamounts to a years subscription to Hockey News or something else.......If its not worth it. Its called knowing what you invest in. Its not hard logic to understand.... :dunno:

Old Hickory

Enoch said:
Its 5 dollars a month or 50 dollars a year. I'm not going to spend what tantamounts to a years subscription to Hockey News or something else.......If its not worth it. Its called knowing what you invest in. Its not hard logic to understand.... :dunno:
$5 a month is $60 per year

X-SHARKIE

kingsjohn said:
$5 a month is $60 per year

They give you two months free if you do the year one for 50$. I for one enjoy being a subscriber to McKeens. They're very down to earth and they often love to help you out with your questions. I have asked many questions threw out the past year to their guys and they have been great to answer them.

Also there is no other website out there who well give you the service they have, I mean a top 100 list for draft eligible players with profiles on each one is unmatched on the web. Some times I read there stuff and go that's not true, or what do they see there? Example, Patrick Ehelechner, they say when he moves laterally he opens up wholes...yet when I watch him I see no such problem. In the same light though I don't agree with Redline or ISS always.

I would recomend a subscription to Mckeens my self. But that's just my personal preference.

Steve Latin*

Enoch said:
For those contemplating becoming a member, is it actually worth the 5 dollars or am I just throwing my money in the waste basket to see a meaningless list? Do they do the Preds justice?

Personally, I thought it was a pretty big waste of money. They only have big features 3 or so times a year. They also make it really difficult to unsubscribe (you can't do it online, you have to call), and they continue to spam your e-mail to try to get you to rejoin.

IMO, it should something like $10 for the entire year with no auto-renew, no irritations.

S L

Steve Latin*

X-SHARKIE said:
They give you two months free if you do the year one for 50$. ....

I would recomend a subscription to Mckeens my self. But that's just my personal preference.

Right. I'm not all that interested in .5 PPG 2nd line OHL wingers that will drop to the 5th round of the draft, but if you were, McKeen's would probably be a great resource. I was expecting really in-depth discussion and updated stats of top prospects, recent tournaments, etc. It was cool to read right before the draft, but afterwards I really didn't have any use for it so I dropped it. I'd probably pay the 5 bucks again during draft time, but I was really annoyed by having to call and unsubscribe.

S L

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Enoch said:

I went with trying it out this month and I did enjoy what I read. I'm still going to try it on a month-by-month basis to see how good it remains. I did enjoy reading their top 100 prospect list and their top 100 '05 draftees list. I'm not sure if it's worth the same investment to you, but I liked it enough to be willing to give them another couple months of my $5 :)

And thanks for the feedback Legionnaire!

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
McKeen's isn't worth the $$. Not much new info about propects. IMO, any ranking is fun to look at but to be taken with a grain of salt. The only ranking I give any validity to is the draft itself.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Fozz said:
McKeen's isn't worth the $$. Not much new info about propects. IMO, any ranking is fun to look at but to be taken with a grain of salt. The only ranking I give any validity to is the draft itself.

How much info do you want? There are about three updates per year for top prospects.

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
Fozz said:

I think its excellent value for the amount you have to pay. I appreciate their rankings as well because they do see a lot of games and its their opinion which makes it similar to what a scouting staff may be thinking. Had an opportunity to chat with one of their scouts at a recent NTDP game, very intelligent fellow who seemed to know a lot about the game.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
nomorekids said:
this has been covered before. asking for and receiving anything that another sight charges for is against their copyright, and won't be tolerated. do NOT make any more requests for the list by PM or otherwise.

I agree with that politic.

On the other hand, I find those new threads pointing to a McKeen update extremely dumb and irritating.

People can't really ask questions. People can't really comment unless they subscribe to McKeen. So I guess those threads are for people who subscribe to McKeen and should be commented on their own board.

Under those circumstances, why the **** are these threads started? And why don't you guys nuke them out of (completely useless) existence?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Vlad The Impaler said:
I agree with that politic.

On the other hand, I find those new threads pointing to a McKeen update extremely dumb and irritating.

People can't really ask questions. People can't really comment unless they subscribe to McKeen. So I guess those threads are for people who subscribe to McKeen and should be commented on their own board.

Under those circumstances, why the **** are these threads started? And why don't you guys nuke them out of (completely useless) existence?

I would have, if it were my board ;)

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Enoch said:
Are you illiterate? Two separate questions with two different answers. I wanted to know what type of articles they put out, and then I asked if they percieved a bias against the Preds. I do not want to pay 5 bucks for garbage. Understood?

Why on earth would they have any bias against Preds??

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Pepper said:
Why on earth would they have any bias against Preds??

They probably wouldn't, but I can not see the article. I wanted to know if they were fair, and adaquetly represented the team I pull for. What is so wrong with that? Quit hounding me for what amounts to nothing but smart investement.

77th Earl

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
Fozz said:

What an ignorant and uninformed comment. Do you work for ISS or Redline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->