McIsaac out 5-6 Months with Shoulder Surgery

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
That kind of sucks, going to miss training camp with the Wings now.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
That's a big blow, he's going to miss an entire summer of conditioning which is crucial at his age and he'll be starting next season completely cold. :help:

Reactions: Winger98

Christien

May 1, 2010
Damn this really sucks big time.

First Berggren and then McIsaac :facepalm:

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Crap... I think he had a legit shot at making the team out of camp.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Bright side, his shoulder will be repaired. They wouldn't operate if he didn't need it. Hopefully he recovers and is better than ever. He is very young, not too worried.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Couple things about this. Wings musta made this decision and I guess they thought getting a season+mem cup run of experience was more important than getting him back right away to start camp next year. I dont disagree because McIsaac seems like a kid who doesnt need a big off season program, hes already big and strong.

With this what does it mean for McIsaac next year? Can he stay with Detroit, practice and rehab, play 9 games then go back to junior if the wings decide? Or will they send him back to Halifax right away come camp time?

Either way, playing hurt that long and still having the season he did is pretty impressive, what would it have been if he was healthy?

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
Pretty sure it was NHL or QMJHL, as he would under 20 and is a North American born player. So likely a half year in the Q for him when he comes back from injury.
Ah, I see. I am hoping he is able to get an early out in the Q for the playoffs so that he could join the Griffins to get some experience for next seasons camp with the Wings.

Crap... I think he had a legit shot at making the team out of camp.

You really think he would have made the team with a great camp?

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Playing with a bum shoulder makes his season even more impressive. That said, playing in the Q might be best for him after missing half a year of training.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Well at least he's having his shoulder repaired here in the States...God knows what they'd do to the poor kid up there in Canada...

:joker:

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
I highly doubt he would have made the team this up-coming year. But, the injury does explain some of his lack of physical play during the playoffs and Memorial Cup.

Athana see you later

Feb 9, 2019
He’s already shown he’s too good for the Q IMO. Would he be eligible for a conditioning stint in the AHL kind of like Ras, or would it count against his 9 games

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Couple things about this. Wings musta made this decision and I guess they thought getting a season+mem cup run of experience was more important than getting him back right away to start camp next year. I dont disagree because McIsaac seems like a kid who doesnt need a big off season program, hes already big and strong.

With this what does it mean for McIsaac next year? Can he stay with Detroit, practice and rehab, play 9 games then go back to junior if the wings decide? Or will they send him back to Halifax right away come camp time?

Either way, playing hurt that long and still having the season he did is pretty impressive, what would it have been if he was healthy?

They will keep him in Detroit with their doctors if he is hurt. Almost all NHL teams do that as long as the player has signed his elc. Vilardi being a huge example of this recently.

Though if they really trust Halifax and McIsaac requested it he might go back a little earlier. I would rather he be in Detroit to be honest. I hope he bounces back from this quickly. Shame he picked this up in his second to last game. He might have been banged up but it didn't look good when he went to the tunnel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad