Waived: McIlrath waived

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What kind of dirt does Bowey have on management?

I think they just try to play him and show that he is "respected".

Yzerman could be just waiting a right deal to send him out. Using him shows the respect. Some RhD in some team gets inured, and then somebody calls for a "help".

We couldn't believe our eyes, until that Brendan Smith -trade happened. Nobody in here thought that he could have that trade value. GMs are hard to predict and could view things differently.

Reactions: RedMenace

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I think they just try to play him and show that he is "respected".

Yzerman could be just waiting a right deal to send him out. Using him shows the respect. Some RhD in some team gets inured, and then somebody calls for a "help".

We couldn't believe our eyes, until that Brendan Smith -trade happened. Nobody in here thought that he could have that trade value. GMs are hard to predict and could view things differently.

Oh I know, I'm just being hyperbolic for the lulz. Can't be too serious during times like these.

Reactions: Henkka

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Hopefully he doesn't get claimed - his style of play is going out of style in the league as a whole - and this allows us to play Green before trading him and then bring McIlrath back up. It's an awful team to watch, may as well play a guy who brings some form of entertainment.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Hronek, Mo, and DDK? Because the rest are easily replaced.
I was excluding Mo because he hasn't played in NHL yet, but I would keep him too.

Cholo was my other, but more because he's still an open question. I don't love him NOW, but still being cautiously optimistic.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
What kind of bizzaro world is this. McIlrath is like the last type of d-man teams want in today’s NHL. Terrible skater, zero offense, barely any puck moving ability.

I know the rest of our D isn’t great but quite a few of them would at least fetch a trade return unlike the literal garbage that is McIlrath.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
People actually think he is getting claimed? Much better players can and have cleared waivers, and Mac is basically guaranteed to make it through.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
I was mainly thinking Arizona might grab him. Saw a rumor about them looking for a gritty depth defenseman which is a role McIlrath could fill. Losing him obviously wouldn't be a big deal but it's nice to have a guy like him in the system.

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan
Not gonna lose it over a 27 year old 9th D but it is pretty lame. Besides the game where he took 3 penalties he’s been rock solid and his ability to knock people off their skates is sorely lacking on this roster.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
What kind of bizzaro world is this. McIlrath is like the last type of d-man teams want in today’s NHL. Terrible skater, zero offense, barely any puck moving ability.

I know the rest of our D isn’t great but quite a few of them would at least fetch a trade return unlike the literal garbage that is McIlrath.

He's not here to score or move the puck.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Agreed 100%.

However, we all know Blashill isn't known as "Babcock Jr" just because he sounds like him.

As a winger with a one track mind because that was about the entirety of his iq he would have been fine. But as a d man being dumber than dirt he was unacceptable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->