Waived: McIlrath waived

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Biega, Bowey & Daley are all worse. This is lame.

Yeah this move wont make or break the team either way but gotta agree with this. Throw Ericsson in there as well as being worse but with the way injuries have been going I wont be surprised if McIlrath is back this year

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah this move wont make or break the team either way but gotta agree with this. Throw Ericsson in there as well as being worse but with the way injuries have been going I wont be surprised if McIlrath is back this year
Definite tank move, I can't stand to watch those 4 guys mentioned. Blash's roster moves are inexplicable. BigE can barely move. Warth may be slow, but he skates twice as fast as SlowE.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Yea I don’t think he is really better than any of the other guys but he is the most physical of the bunch and that alone is worth something to me. I’d be pretty disappointed if he is claimed

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Definite tank move, I can't stand to watch those 4 guys mentioned. Blash's roster moves are inexplicable. BigE can barely move. Warth may be slow, but he skates twice as fast as SlowE.
It is not a tank move. McI, E, Bowey and the rest of the roster fillers are interchangeable replacement level players. None of them will change the outcome of the season.

Reactions: Winger98

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I liked his toughness but he never really got to display it outside of a few wrestling matches after the whistle... If we lose him, that's fine, I doubt we do. Need more puck movers in any form, to generate any offense... Good kid but he was built for the league 15 years ago. If he sticks around, good insurance policy to travel the waiver train back and forth for the year.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
hope we don't lose McIlrath, he's bringing more to our team than Ehn & Erne, Abby & maybe Frans, granted they're F's. Prefer him over Biega, Bowey, Hicketts etc.

From Ted Kulfan, Det News 11-26
Steady McIlrath

Defenseman Dylan McIlrath continues to provide steadiness on the blue line, along with a physical edge, since being recalled from Grand Rapids.
McIlrath, in 10 games, has a minus-1 rating, and has done effective work on the penalty kill, while averaging 14:40 per game.
“Not just size and toughness, he’s got a personality that’s awesome,” Blashill said. “He just brings life to your team, whether in the minors or here, he does a great job with that.
“He’s very strong defensively, so when he gets in battles, he can create stalls in the defensive zone. When he gets the puck on his stick, he can get his butt out and take that extra second to make a play.
“Having him in there gives us another big defenseman that makes it a little harder to play against.”

Reactions: Mlotek and gbdet

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I can name 3 defensemen I care about holding onto, and Dekeyser only barely makes the list.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
In 2019 if you want to play in the NHL you need to be able to skate and you need to be able to pass the puck. As much as I like the physicality, he just isn't an NHL defensemen and won't ever be one.

Reactions: Winger98

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
We should waive our entire defense over 24 y.o and older. and helm and abby should be put on waivers at least once a month just to see if anyone will take them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->