Value of: McDavid to Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Wouldn’t trade Kucherov straight up for Mcdavid. Let’s not act like there is a big difference. And Mcdavid isn’t exactly a known playoff performer either. He is also so overpaid.
Tampa clearly needs to shake something up. They'll never win a cup with this core group of chokers.

Reactions: Tike Myson

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I said it before and I'll say it again. Not in the heat of the moment this time, so maybe people will think I'm serious now.
Point and Kucherov for NYR 2nd overall pick. I want Kakko.

Sorry but no, while that is an attractive offer, we need Kakko for ourselves.
However, we can talk about something around Zib

Well thats easy, Kakko is yours.
nope x 2

You could probably fetch it with Point straight up. Maybe a small add-in.
nope x 3

------------
I am going to extend courtesy reply of short answer to topic.
Since this thread is specifically about McDavid to TB and is not generalized, another thread, Zib + to TB for Point +, should be created.
Am busy on and off today and tom, and nothing but prayer on Good Friday, so if someone wants to start that thread, by all means, go ahead.

First post there should be:
Zib 5.35 3 full seasons + Skjei reduced by 1.25 from 5.25 to 4 per long term + Namest expiring at 4, reduced to 2m + TB 2019 2nd
total cap = 11,35
for

Point rfa no $ here but viewed as AT LEAST 8m if not 10m per
+ Hedman 7.875 long term + TB 2019 1st + 2020 2nd
immediate cap is only 7.875, a ballpark dif of 3.5, but effectively it is upwards of another 10m more

significant cap savings to TB

analysis
Zib is proven quality, first line F, C who can slide to RW, righty shot.
Great $ and term
Namest sucked in NY as a 3rd liner, but there is the track record of him playing well with Stamkos + co, and being a fan favorite, I thought I heard. Probably just a chemistry thing, but why not take advantage of it? Supposedly moved b'c you didn't want to pay him what looked like was gonna be over 4m, you are getting him for 2 with no long term commitment. The magic returns, it is between you and the player what you will offer and what he will take. The magic is gone, if you still want him you can offer bupkis, or cut him loose.
Skjei is good at market price but would be a bargain steal at 4. Not as terrif as Hedman when Victor brings it, but Brady has looked as great as McD pre-injuries at times, but has suffered with rotating systems, coaches, and defense pairings, including Staal fighting thru injuries. Should be fab if not solid w/TB, since he remains an outstanding skater. Presence of McDonagh should help both.
return of 2nd round pick
CAP, CAP, CAP space, losing Point hurts but Kucherov makes it tolerable and Zib adds

Rangers lose their mvp for this season, but get someone who sees to be a pure scorer in Point. Only negative on Zib is he earns an NMC July 1 or whatever date starts for his contract, and this would defeat that.

Still want to lean to giving 3 emerging LD prospects [Hajek, Lindgren, Rykov] every chance to take the slots, but Hedman as first pair to start is fine.
Possibility he can be traded for RD help
Maybe Hawks send something to Isles for RD prospect Dobson, then something around Dobson + Boqvist for Hedman, something like that, maybe.
Has NMC now thru 2022, then modified NTC would have to approve the trade.

NYR adds TB 1st

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
Kucherov: 228pts, 162gp
Mcdavid: 224pts, 160gp

4 whole points in 2 more games.
During that span, Lightning: 621 goals, Oilers: 466 goals

Mcdavid has points on 48% of Oilers goals the past two years. Kucherov has points on 37% of lightning goals.

Maybe you should do your research.

Don't forget to mention McDavid players for a non playoff team and surrounded by much, much, much less talent then Kucherov.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I said it before and I'll say it again. Not in the heat of the moment this time, so maybe people will think I'm serious now.

Point and Kucherov for NYR 2nd overall pick. I want Kakko.
Done. I'm feeling generous, we'll let you keep your 2nd round pick as well.

Reactions: Alan Wake

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Wouldn’t trade Kucherov straight up for Mcdavid. Let’s not act like there is a big difference. And Mcdavid isn’t exactly a known playoff performer either. He is also so overpaid.

I’m a fan of Kucherov but I can’t help but :laugh: at this

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
Tampa fans need to settle down, you guys were one game away from going to the Stanley cup finals last year. Where is all this "can't do anything in the playoffs" sentiment coming from?

It's a huge upset but that doesn't mean things need to be blown up. A coaching change, maybe.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Let’s see: Kucherov has more points in the past 2 years than Mcdavid. Neither of them offer much defensively. So my comment about there not being much of a difference was correct.

Mcdavid has 9 points in 13 playoff games. Not all that great. So my comment about him not being much of a playoff performer was also correct.

Mcdavid is paid 12.5. Kucherov is paid 9.5. So once again my comment is correct since Kucherov brings the same points for 3 million less.

So you were wrong and that’s okay. Just do some research next time instead of just going with the popular opinion. Only thing Mcdavid has on Kucherov is his draft position and being from Canada.

Actually, you're still wrong. You said McDavid was over paid. You didn't say one is paid less for similar production. Could it be that Kucherov just has a really good contract? That doesn't make McDavid overpaid. You're still wrong.

Reactions: TFHockey

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Today wasn't the day for this thread. I feel for Lightning fans. I had Kuch in my hockey pool (keeper league) and he was money. A stunning upset last night... I am still reeling.

Some posters on here call McDavid overpaid, or that Oiler fans are delusional asking the moon for him. I'll chalk that talk up to this first round debacle. When you ask for the best player in the world in a trade, expect to make an overpayment. Any cap hit to get McDavid signed long term is the right one.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Yeah it is. It’s for entertaining a trade between two teams. If that’s impossible for you or anyone else to do, see yourselves out and create a new thread.

I can't entertain a trade between these two teams. It's impossibe, the idea of it sucks.

What should I do?

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
First post there should be:
Zib 5.35 3 full seasons + Skjei reduced by 1.25 from 5.25 to 4 per long term + Namest expiring at 4, reduced to 2m + TB 2019 2nd
total cap = 11,35
for

Point rfa no $ here but viewed as AT LEAST 8m if not 10m per
+ Hedman 7.875 long term + TB 2019 1st + 2020 2nd
immediate cap is only 7.875, a ballpark dif of 3.5, but effectively it is upwards of another 10m more

Peter Chiarelli didn't become the Lightning's GM. This is an awful trade proposal. Point > Zib, Hedman > Skjei, TB 1st > Namestnikov.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If Gretzky can be traded then anything is possible but that was an era with no salary cap. In addition to this, the actual assets needed to acquire Mr. McDavid would far exceed the long term benefit for Tampa because talks would start with Kucherov (who production wise is on the same level and dollar wise is cheaper).

Tampa is legit contender as is. Columbus caught you off guard this year. So let’s take a deep breath, gather our thoughts and use this series as a lesson learned for improve instead of blowing up a solid powerful team. (This coming from a fan of a team that can’t beat the Bruins in the playoffs).

Wrong Gretzky was sold because the owner at that time was broke . 15 million in cash . Remember a year after that trade the owner of LA came out and said it was the best investment he every made . He had more then his money back after 1 year . Gretzky was the face of the NHL and fans came to see him and bought merchandise . McDavid is the new face of the NHL and would have a similar effect on a team . Base on this the owner of the Oilers will never trade him even if you could buy a player today Katz is not short of money .

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Tampa Bay has been so thoroughly discredited as a team that cannot do anything in the playoffs regardless of their regular season acumen that it would be in their best interest to blow their team up and start over with the best NHL player in the league: Connor McDavid.

The Edmonton Oilers have been so thoroughly discredited as a team that cannot get their **** together to make the playoffs. It would be in their best interest to acquire the stars from Tampa and give them a change of scenery and chance to bring a playoff team to Edmonton.

What would it take for this trade to happen?

Discuss.

Is Tampa better off with Draisaitl for the playoffs? Still going to take Hedman plus which isn't happening

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Let’s see: Kucherov has more points in the past 2 years than Mcdavid. Neither of them offer much defensively. So my comment about there not being much of a difference was correct.

Kucherov doesn't sell tickets. Until Tampa starts losing and their attendance falls off they don't need Mcdavid. Florida on the other hand...

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
They are one of 2-3 teams that could afford to trade for McDavid and still be a cup contender

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Based on Tampa’s “four and out” I wouldn’t exactly say Kuch is a playoff performer either.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Some really awful takes from both sides here.
Edmonton’s takes are hilariously bad because McDavid has been the only thing keeping our collective heads out of the gas oven. Trade proposals involving him are naturally met with scorn and intentional troll replies. The Oilers posters aren’t trying to be remotely fair or objective. Tampa’s bad takes are the result of foolishness. Actually thats too harsh. They are in shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad