McDavid snubbed as finalist for Hart

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Hall MacKinnon Kopitar all fast 1st round exits get the noms . Writers strike again even though Hall maybe more worthy McDavid snubbed is a joke . I encourage all to boycott Spector for good , never read his articles on sportsnet demand Stauffer from having him as a guest , he was the biggest anti McDavid writer out their pushing his agenda as hard and often as he could . Spector is a O'neil Cox type hack . And hates Oilers and anything to do with them.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The writing was on the wall when all the writers started tweeting, writing articles etc that a Hart nominee needs to be on a playoff team. Anything voted by writers is a joke. Just like the rest of us they watch their favorite teams and follow the rest by watching highlights. Regardless, Hall deserves it this year.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
It's cute that any of you think he was going to get a nomination. He missed the playoffs, and despite what it's described as, the Hart is absolutely a team award. If you don't make the playoffs, you aren't getting in. Lemeuix got it after missing the playoffs, but he also won the Art Ross by like 20 points.

He will almost certainly win the Lindsay, so take solace in that. I put more stock in the trophy that the actual players vote on; it's been hard to take Hart voting seriously since Theodore won it over Iginla in 2002.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
The writing was on the wall when all the writers started tweeting, writing articles etc that a Hart nominee needs to be on a playoff team. Anything voted by writers is a joke. Just like the rest of us they watch their favorite teams and follow the rest by watching highlights. Regardless, Hall deserves it this year.
Just shows how much writers are idiots , how can the players value McDavid as a top 3 in league but writers who many don't play the game do not. Time to take this right away from these idiots .

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
It's cute that any of you think he was going to get a nomination. He missed the playoffs, and despite what it's described as, the Hart is absolutely a team award. If you don't make the playoffs, you aren't getting in. Lemeuix got it after missing the playoffs, but he also won the Art Ross by like 20 points.

He will almost certainly win the Lindsay, so take solace in that. I put more stock in the trophy that the actual players vote on; it's been hard to take Hart voting seriously since Theodore won it over Iginla in 2002.
Gretzky who did make the playoffs and would have had 20 more points than Lemieux if he he played the full season , and Lemieux had 19 more. So your theory is a joke and like I said the players who play the game have McDavid as a finalist

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm perfectly fine with the top 3 and would have had Giroux at 4. All 4 of those guys carried their offenses down the stretch and willed their teams into the playoffs. McDavid led his team to the bottom of the league, not his fault of course but that's just the way it is.

If the Oilers were even remotely in the playoff race it would probably be different but they were out of it by New Years pretty much so I can't see any justification for McDavid finishing top 3 IMO. It's not best player in the league award, it's MVP of this season and leading the team to wins should count for something.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I'm perfectly fine with the top 3 and would have had Giroux at 4. All 4 of those guys carried their offenses down the stretch and willed their teams into the playoffs. McDavid led his team to the bottom of the league, not his fault of course but that's just the way it is.

If the Oilers were even remotely in the playoff race it would probably be different but they were out of it by New Years pretty much so I can't see any justification for McDavid finishing top 3 IMO. It's not best player in the league award, it's MVP of this season and leading the team to wins should count for something.
So it's a team effort to make playoffs but not when it comes to Hart . Ok sounds legit Most valuable player is only for playoffs so I guess by your own words is McDavid is the 22nd most valuable player in the league because It's where Oilers finished, you're only a valuable individual player if your team backs you up to make playoffs . Like I said what a joke

Reactions: nexttothemoon

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
So it's a team effort to make playoffs but not when it comes to Hart . Ok sounds legit Most valuable player is only for playoffs so I guess by your own words is McDavid is the 22nd most valuable player in the league because It's where Oilers finished, you're only a valuable individual player if your team backs you up to make playoffs . Like I said what a joke

Like it or not, team success plays a role in this and it's not like McDavid blew away Hall, MacKinnon and Giroux's production. Most valuable and team success plays a role unless there's a player who is FAR AND AWAY better than the rest which IMO, McDavid wasn't this season.

If the roles were reversed and McDavid was the one who led his team to the playoffs even if he didn't win the scoring title, would you guys be upset?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
There was literally nothing humanly possible McDavid could have done to win the Hart this season based on the prerequisite of the players team making the playoffs. He would have had to find a way to play up to his level for 40 mins a night all year.

Them's the breaks in Lowe/Nicholson/MacT/Howson/Chia-land.

Reactions: thadd and Summary

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Like it or not, team success plays a part in this and it's not like McDavid blew away Hall, MacKinnon and Giroux's production. Most valuable and team success plays a role unless there's a player who is FAR AND AWAY better than the rest which IMO, McDavid wasn't this season.
Whoever came up witth this playoff mantra ... O wait moronic writers can gtfo you cannot award this trophy to Lemieux who's team missed
playoffs and were dead last in their division . And the writers that year were just looking for any little crack to give it to anyone other than Gretzky, because they were sick of him winning it evey year for 8 straight years double standard, Lemieux wins hart with garbage team winning scoring race , McDavid can't crack top 3
.Writers should be no where near these prestigous awards leave it to the professionals who manage and play the games , instead of egotistical Hacks that follow only their team and have no clue but lots of agenda driven bs

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Let's be honest.. the people voting in these things are going to be harder on the Oilers' players. Everyone hates us.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
There was literally nothing humanly possible McDavid could have done to win the Hart this season based on the prerequisite of the players team making the playoffs. He would have had to find a way to play up to his level for 40 mins a night all year.

Them's the breaks in Lowe/Nicholson/MacT/Howson/Chia-land.
Other than the fact that making the playoffs is not a prerequisite for this award.

Reactions: Summary and TB12

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
haha,they picked the 3 players who managed to dip their toe in the playoffs before being booted out.

What a strange (un-written) pre-requisite.

Willing their teams to a predictable 1st round shit-stomping.

Dohilers

Dec 18, 2011
BC
All 3 nominees deserved the nod, considering what they did for their respective teams during the regular season. As good as McDavid was, the team did extremely poorly, and writers always favor playoff-bound players for the major awards, so it's not a huge surprise. I hope Hall wins it.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I already accepted he wouldn't get it due to the "playoff" narrative pushed by the writers association, so this is no surprise to me. It will actually be embarrassing of the league however, if he doesn't win the Lindsay by a landslide.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
Let's be honest.. the people voting in these things are going to be harder on the Oilers' players. Everyone hates us.
This is also why I expect Hall to win it. There seems to be this thinking that he was a shitty player in Edmonton or something and now finally he's showing that offensive talent, as if he didn't try his best to drag some sorry ass Oilers teams along in years past.

The hockey world really hates the Oilers and I can't figure out why...

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Meh just anther chip on his shoulder. Hopefully he will make it even more lopsided next season that even the idiots voting cannot turn him down.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I highly doubt McDavid really cares about individual awards. The kid wants to win the cup. Oilers team and their management failed him this year. If it's any consolation to Oilers fans, Taylor Hall got nominated? I'm sure there's still a few Oilers fans who still love the guy. No?

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Hall MacKinnon Kopitar all fast 1st round exits get the noms . Writers strike again even though Hall maybe more worthy McDavid snubbed is a joke . I encourage all to boycott Spector for good , never read his articles on sportsnet demand Stauffer from having him as a guest , he was the biggest anti McDavid writer out their pushing his agenda as hard and often as he could . Spector is a O'neil Cox type hack . And hates Oilers and anything to do with them.
does anybody actually respect spector?

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
does anybody actually respect spector?
Biggest idiot out there, and I am serious and all should boycott him , he is a disgrace to his proffession . All his talking points in early March not the scoring leader, PPG important, than all those McDavid nails back to just playoffs . Total agenda by a jack ass who should be barred from Oilers pressers hypocritical idiot. He made a big point about Marchand getting consideration because of PPG in March even though he missed 20 games lol

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

It’s been hard to take the writers seriously since they voted Ovechkin to the first all-star team in two different positions. It was fun seeing Spector on tv that year as head of the sportswriters association (or whatever he was back then) trying to defend them. Those guys are a joke who may or may not watch all the games their local teams play but it’s clear most of them don’t watch anymore than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad