McDavid, RNH And Draisaitl Or Bergeron, Marchand And Pastrnak?

Which trio would you rather have on your team?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Easy decision. Without contracts, easily McDrai + Nuge.

With contracts involved, I'd still take the Edmonton trio over Boston for this season and next.

Bergeron and Marchand could come out on the other side of polls that weigh playoff success, experience, and a ring for the Cherry on the top. Boston still has a special trio.

McDrai are flirting with 2 PPG thus far. Ridiculous.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Easy decision. Without contracts, easily McDrai + Nuge.

With contracts involved, I'd still take the Edmonton trio over Boston for this season and next.

Bergeron and Marchand could come out on the other side of polls that weigh playoff success, experience, and a ring for the Cherry on the top. Boston still has a special trio.

McDrai are flirting with 2 PPG thus far. Ridiculous.
If you're going by points per game, the Bruins trio averages more points per game...

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
If you're going by points per game, the Bruins trio averages more points per game...

Partly because they play more together. RNH's PPG would go up significantly if he were on the top line, and the Oilers trio have accounted for points on a decent amount more goals this year.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Sorry I can’t hear you from all the way down there in the standings

atleast our guys (and bruins guys) are worth their contracts

Golf course planning by January the last few years and now this talk...make the playoffs again first. You’ve got good jokes, I mean you probably had to laugh a ton the last few years to keep from crying.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Golf course planning by January the last few years and now this talk...make the playoffs again first. You’ve got good jokes, I mean you probably had to laugh a ton the last few years to keep from crying.
Not really. We have the two most electrifying players in the league.
The ones that actually hit 50 goals and 100 points instead of just talking about what their potential could be

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Voted for the oilers...but I would say it´s a coin flip, there could be arguments made for both trios...it´s not one of the "AINEC polls"

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Oilers and the Poll supports this is not even close. AVs have the best line in hockey and they should have been the comparable instead of BOS.

RNH - McDavid - Draisaitl

vs

Landy - Mackinnon - Rants

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Partly because they play more together. RNH's PPG would go up significantly if he were on the top line, and the Oilers trio have accounted for points on a decent amount more goals this year.

But he doesn't.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Funny coming from a fan of a team who probably was still in diapers the last time he watched them get out of the first round. A silver lining for you: Can't be traumatized all summer by the Bruins if the Leafs don't make the playoffs!

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Oilers and the Poll supports this is not even close. AVs have the best line in hockey and they should have been the comparable instead of BOS.

RNH - McDavid - Draisaitl

vs

Landy - Mackinnon - Rants
I think McDrai are step above Mack-Rants and Landeskog clearly doesn't tip the scale. At least with the Bruins trio is that they all produce but are also very good in their own zone which can't be said with the Avs trio compared to the Bruins. As good as our trio is the Bruins is closer right now with the way they are producing while playing a 200-foot game.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
But he doesn't.

So how is that not a consideration when looking at combined PPG? This isn't a thread asking simply who will combine for more points. The fact that the entire Bruins trio likely boost each others numbers while only two of the Oilers boost one another needs to be accounted for if we're looking at who is actually better.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
So how is that not a consideration when looking at combined PPG? This isn't a thread asking simply who will combine for more points. The fact that the entire Bruins trio likely boost each others numbers while only two of the Oilers boost one another needs to be accounted for if we're looking at who is actually better.

Because there's no way to accurately predict things that don't happen. They're fun what-ifs. The fact that the Bruins top line plays together is a feather in their cap.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
The trio that just went to the cup final vs the trio thats made the playoffs once in 4 years. Not a big enough difference in production to not take the bruins trio and RNH is the worst player here.
Thats why you always take Tarasenko, Schenn and Schwartz over Marchand, Pastrnak and Bergeron. It's all about winning in the end

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

That is 100% not guaranteed, not to mention if he were on that line and succeeded he could decrease the PPG of one of the other 2. The Bruins trio is a known quantity.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Thats why you always take Tarasenko, Schenn and Schwartz over Marchand, Pastrnak and Bergeron. It's all about winning in the end

If they produced nearly as much as the Bruins trio than sure I'll take the winners. The Bruins trio produce as much and win more over the oilers trio though.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Funny coming from a fan of a team who probably was still in diapers the last time he watched them get out of the first round. A silver lining for you: Can't be traumatized all summer by the Bruins if the Leafs don't make the playoffs!
Imagine coming into a thread to talk shit when your team isn't even in the poll.
Then getting blown up by the other team in the poll.

Laff fans. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Love you forever, Bruin fans.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
That is 100% not guaranteed, not to mention if he were on that line and succeeded he could decrease the PPG of one of the other 2. The Bruins trio is a known quantity.

It's very unlikely that either of those things would happen, but my point though isn't that adding RNH to McDrai necessarily makes that line better than Boston's, but that RNH's point totals are impacted by the terrible Edmonton wingers outside of that top line, whereas the entire Boston trio playing together means that none of them are hindered in terms of production. With secondary assists as well, and the fact that Boston cycles more than Edmonton, I don't think combined PPG tells the entire story offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad