McDavid, RNH And Draisaitl Or Bergeron, Marchand And Pastrnak?

Which trio would you rather have on your team?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The trio that just went to the cup final vs the trio thats made the playoffs once in 4 years. Not a big enough difference in production to not take the bruins trio and RNH is the worst player here.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
I like how you made sure to mention that contracts are to be ignored. The Boston trio is clearly the best value in hockey and any organization would be ecstatic to have those players at that price. On a talent basis, McDavid, Draisaitl and Pastrnak are arguably the three best players in the world this season (in roughly that order), with Bergeron and Marchand being not too far off and Nugent-Hopkins a significant step behind everyone else. The answer is pretty easily skewed towards the Oilers and this thread smells like homer bias.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
The trio that just went to the cup final vs the trio thats made the playoffs once in 4 years. Not a big enough difference in production to not take the bruins trio and RNH is the worst player here.
One trio had depth scoring and the other didn't. Nobody is taking about team accomplishments here why do people like you have to latch onto that when its clear there is a gap between Mcdrai and everyone else.

Reactions: bh53

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
One trio had depth scoring and the other didn't. Nobody is taking about team accomplishments here why do people like you have to latch onto that when its clear there is a gap between Mcdrai and everyone else.
Guy is known for an agenda

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Sure count their contracts but then also count their age. Oilers AINEC sorry bud.

well that’s exactly the point. You can say “just for this year” “include contracts” “going forward” or “don’t include contracts” to fit the agenda and get the poll result you want.

for the next couple years I would rather have the Bruins trio for the same cost of McDrai only. Going forward, of course you take McDrai. With no contracts of course you take McDrai. The parameters of the poll set the agenda...of the Leafs fan.

Navx94

Sponsor
Jan 17, 2019
well that’s exactly the point. You can say “just for this year” “include contracts” “going forward” or “don’t include contracts” to fit the agenda and get the poll result you want.

for the next couple years I would rather have the Bruins trio for the same cost of McDrai only. Going forward, of course you take McDrai. With no contracts of course you take McDrai. The parameters of the poll set the agenda...of the Leafs fan.

I think the bruins would be a lot better with Mcdrai + Nuge now and going forward. It’s crazy how many points mcdrai have put up while having next to zero depth behind them.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think the bruins would be a lot better with Mcdrai + Nuge now and going forward. It’s crazy how many points mcdrai have put up while having next to zero depth behind them.

With contracts it’s Marchand+Bergeron+Pastrnak+Krug for the same price. And that 4 some actually has accomplished things. That extra 6 million bucks is a big deal. Not arguing that McDavid and Drai aren’t the two best players and younger. Just saying that the asterisks you put on the poll let you choose an outcome you want.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Bruins: 67GP, 44 + 55 = 99P (1.48 PPG)
Oilers: 75GP, 39 + 69 = 108P (1.44 PPG)

It's pretty even in terms of how much they have produced for their teams this season. Surprised it is so lopsided considering we are only looking at next 2 seasons.

RNH is the clear weak link and gives the edge to Boston for me. Boston's group is the better defensive and goal scoring trio.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON

It's my poll. Why do you care what parameters I set? If you don't like the poll, you do not need to respond to the thread or vote. You can make a poll that includes TOR players or players from whatever team and set your own parameters. The fact that I put players from your team in the poll doesn't mean the Bruins are going to lose points in the standings. Calm down.

I personally prefer comparing players based on ability instead of on ability plus contractual factors in polls. That's why I made it this way.

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bruins: 67GP, 44 + 55 = 99P (1.48 PPG)
Oilers: 75GP, 39 + 69 = 108P (1.44 PPG)

It's pretty even in terms of how much they have produced for their teams this season. Surprised it is so lopsided considering we are only looking at next 2 seasons.

RNH is the clear weak link and gives the edge to Boston for me. Boston's group is the better defensive and goal scoring trio.
People never account for the Bergeron factor for this. He's lightyears ahead of any of these players defensively and it gives the Bruins trio a completely different dynamic.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Because their play impacts team results?? The oilers trio has nowhere near the all round game the bruins do, it's no surprise they gave better team results. Difference is offense isnt near the difference defensively.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I'm not betting against the Boston trio, actually am surprised by the results especially the AINEC Oilers takes. I've never been one of the silly "product of McDavid" Drai posters but I'm not ready to pencil him in for 150 points this year yet, and frankly that expectation is the only way I get these results.

Last edited:

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I'm not betting against the Boston trio, actually am surprised by the results especially the AINEC Oilers takes. I've never been one of the silly "product of McDavid" Drai posters but I'm not ready to pencil him in for 150 points this year yet and frankly that expectation is the only way I get these results.

Yeah, I think it's a close call, honestly. I didn't include contracts because I am only interested in hockey abilities as far as polls are concerned (as opposed to cap management and such). The PPG averages are close, as outlined above by Zemgus26, and the Boston trio has the defensive advantage and is more experienced in the playoffs.

McDavid is the best player in the poll, but RNH is the worst. I think you can go either way. Is Draisaitl the second best player out of these six? Third best? Is McDavid alone good enough to make you take the three Oilers? All questions to consider.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Replace RNH with Riley Sheahan and my answer is the still the Oilers trio.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Boston super easily. RNH is the very clear weak link. The difference between the 1st and 5th player in that grouping is much smaller than the gap between the 5th player and RNH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->