McDavid out two to three weeks with a quad injury

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
I really hope McDavid doesn't become a player who misses 10+ games per season. I wouldn't call him injury prone, his collarbone being more due to bad luck than anything, but it's going to be a shame if he's frequently out of the running for the Art Ross due to small things like this quad injury.

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
With McDavid out, the Oilers third best forward, James Neal, has had 5 goals since December 1. I can't believe he's their best winger: my goodness what a thin forward group past the big two.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Well, this is where Draisaitl wins or loses the Hart. A whole bunch of questions are about to be answered.

Are they?

Nuge-Drai-Yamo
Gagner-Haas-Kassian
Kharia-Sheahan-Archibald
Russell-Cave-Chaisson

I don't think a single player in the history of the league would be reasonably expected to make this forward core successful in Archibald's spot.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
With McDavid out, the Oilers third best forward, James Neal, has had 5 goals since December 1. I can't believe he's their best winger: my goodness what a thin forward group past the big two.
Sometimes... It's better to not click that "Post Reply" button.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Out for 7-10 games... could be a rough 2-3 weeks for the Oilers. Hopefully The Real Deal will be back in the lineup soon, to help out.

Mar 26, 2010

Good time for Drai to truly silence his critics and see if he can do what Malkin does. Edmonton currently 1 point from being out of the playoffs.

Lets see if Drasaitl can carry the Oilers now. The real test will be shown now.

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
You mean the guy that has only played 11 games since December 1?

That's a 37 goal pace. Lol.
James Neal has only missed 5 games all season. If you are saying James Neal has only played 11 games since December 1, you are then saying the Oilers have only played 16 games since December 1st.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Are they?

Nuge-Drai-Yamo
Gagner-Haas-Kassian
Kharia-Sheahan-Archibald
Russell-Cave-Chaisson

I don't think a single player in the history of the league would be reasonably expected to make this forward core successful in Archibald's spot.

Won't the Oilers put Nuge on the 2nd line as a C?

Otherwise, lines 2-4 look like an absolute mess.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Is McDavid a huge loss for the next ~10 games? Yes. Absolutely.

Is it a death blow to our playoff hopes? No. Every playoff hopefull team in the Pacific aside from Vegas IIRC is dealing with major injuries. I think the Oilers are capable of going Bettman .500 with McDavid out, and that should tread water as far as the playoffs goes.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
A guy with 17 points in 40 NHL games is currently the 3rd best forward - with McDavid out of the lineup?
so you want to disregard Neal, a perennial ~25 goal scorer just because he "has had 5 goals since December 1"
and then also disregard Yamamoto because of a small sample size? thats next level hypocrite.

worry about your own team. seems like you got a lot of worrying to do there

Reactions: Coffey

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Are they?

Nuge-Drai-Yamo
Gagner-Haas-Kassian
Kharia-Sheahan-Archibald
Russell-Cave-Chaisson

Absolutely. He doesn’t need to win a cup with that group, just keep them from falling apart. He’s got to keep scoring at this ridiculous pace away from McDavid for that to happen, which has been the biggest unanswered question of Draisaitl’s career. I’m curious to see how it goes.

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
so you want to disregard Neal, a perennial ~25 goal scorer just because he "has had 5 goals since December 1"
and then also disregard Yamamoto because of a small sample size? thats next level hypocrite.
James Neal has scored 25 or more goals 5 times in 12 seasons (and 21 in 40) - wouldn't exactly call that perennial. And Yamamoto has 6 career nhl goals. Nothing to write home about.

Good luck winning any games with that kind of support.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad