McDavid or Crosby (read)

McDavid or Crosby

• Total voters

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Having Malkin probably hurt Crosby's PP point totals.

Perhaps in general over the course of their careers, but certainly not in '07, where Crosby produced at a far better rate than he ever has. Unsurprisingly, he got a point on an unusually large percentage of goals he was on the ice for, as well as a high number of secondary assists on the PP, which generally suggests his point totals were somewhat luckily benefiting from the PPs success.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
You seriously don't see the difference between regular season hockey and playoff hockey? You better hope McDavid does.

I see it more clearly than you do when compare nearly 200 games to 13 games.

You seriously don’t see how one has a bit more value in terms of sample sizing.

I don’t know how many times I have to repeat myself or put it as simple or straightforward as I did.

Bigger number= better sample size.

Smaller number= lesser sample size.

Reactions: Future GOAT

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
On an extra note, try to compare Crosby & McDavid's team chemistry & playing styles: Who's better offensively & defensively? Any special attributes/skills? Would they still succeed with different players or team systems/strategies?

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
What are you talking about? This never happened.

Peak Ovechkin beat Crosby in points because of Crosby's injury.

I see you're easily distracted by shiny objects. Hockey is about more than just skating really fast in a straight line and not scoring. Just because McDavid is more exciting, doesn't mean he is/was better.

Crosby's game was better. Get over yourself.

TIL you can win the Art Ross without scoring. Must have had 108 assists, is that a record? Crosby's game is much better along the boards, in-front of the net, and on the PP. He's worse in transition, and worse defensively.

INB4 you tell me that McDavid was on the ice during his OT goal.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The one who had two Art Rosses by the age of 21.

Only McDavid and Gretzky have done that in the 100+ year history of the NHL.

I'm not going to lie I feel like McDavid is perhaps slightly better than Crosby was at the same age, but this seems like a silly thing to focus your argument on when Crosby very likely would've done the same by age 20 if not for his high ankle sprain. Even if he didn't, it's not hard to acknowledge that peak Ovechkin is better than anyone in the game last season, more or less equal to McDavid (but probably a bit better because 65 goals).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad