McDavid on playing in Edmonton during a losing season

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
I guarantee those guys harassing Connor are probably not even fans, just some guys who bought a hat to look cool. Probably think he’s some 3rd pairing dman or something

snag

Feb 22, 2014

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Chirping McDavid for Edmonton's problems is the dumbest thing Ive read in a long time

if its the one from the video (yes he taped himself chirping mcdavid) then im not sure that even relates to edmonton. i know edmonton can get bad sportswise but he was cringy af. The kind of guy that I'm sure Toronto has 4 times as many based on population size. Some dudes are just craven for attention and get harsh and cringy as f*** when they are really just insecure.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
This thread is just bait for the "Mcdavid will leave lololo" crowd. The few ****tards that say that stupid **** to him do not represent the million in the city that worship Connor like a god. Its sad that he doesnt mention the overwhelming support and love he gets but talks about one or two moments where a dumbass decided to show how stupid he/she really is.

Toronto/Edmonton are top 3 most passionate fanbases out there along with MTL. In these cities hockey is huge, like HUGEE. Everyone grows up playing/watching or being connected to hockey somehow. Which means that the hockey teams have armies of extremely loyal and passionate fans. When the fans are giving the team everything but the team isnt doing **** all for them that leads to an army of pissed off people. All 3 of these fanbases can relate:
-Edmonton decade of darkness/still inept management
-Toronto's 51 years of nothing, complete incompetency but they have turned it around very well
-whatever the **** is happening in MTL rn
All we want is a good hockey team to represent us and be fun to watch. 99.9% of fans are incredibly loyal and passionate and dedicated to their teams. But occasionally you find the one dumbass that will stupidly chirp a player/burn a jersey/throw a jersey onto the ice. These 1 in a million jackasses don't represent the majority of fans who show undying loyalty to their team.

/Rant

That's pure speculation on your part, I'll assume it's a lot more since he brought it up.

I think we can both agree that McDavid is a class act through and through, he's not going to throw this out there if it was an isolated instance.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Imagine fitting all Oiler fans in a narrative just because of a couple of idiots.
Go figure leafs nation has to chime in a thread that has nothing to do with their team per usual.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Of course some fans are going to get annoyed (not that McDavid deserves it) - I'm not sure why this is news

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Why was a fan chirping McDavid??

He was no fan, for one thing. A true fan wouldn't heckle the star of his favorite team, not unless he was some complete idiot. That should answer that part.

If I remember correctly, the main heckler got exposed, doxed or whatever it's called, and basically had to go into hiding because so many people wanted to kick his ass for being such a stupid moron. Almost every Oiler fan hated what happened to McDavid with those hecklers, and anyone who enjoyed it has issues of their own without exception.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Good to see McDavid doesn't appear to be too concerned about it right now, he obviously doesn't deserve that kind of treatment.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Those hecklers probably got their ass kicked so to speak and I thought I heard they had to go into hiding after that incident.

Was there this many Toronto vs Edm threads before McDavid was drafted? Doubt it.
I know the people who it was. They never got caught by anyone lol.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
He's a professional athlete. He's used to this sort of thing. It probably rolled right off his back.

The fact that he brought it up a year later when the team is starting a new season makes you think it rolled off his back????

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
That's the passion and size of a Canadian market.

You get all sorts of goofballs.

Imagine how much of a clown you have to be to chirp McDavid of all players. A guy who carries the entire team on his shoulders.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
"How miserable was the town of Edmonton during a losing season last that?"

Talk about a loaded question.. what was he supposed to say to that?

Reactions: nturn06

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad