Pre-Game Talk: McDavid-less Oilers vs Black Hawks looks ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
They could at the risk of damaging the relationship. If he says he’s good to go he’s good to go.

I doubt McDavid is petty enough that if the team held him out for a game or two for HIS long term benefit he would be to upset about it, maybe for a day or two he would be a little pissy but he would get over it real quick.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
It’ll be interesting to see if Drai elevates his game even more with McDavid out. Pretty sure Malkin got better with Crosby our, and Henrik/Daniel got better when the other was injured.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
It’ll be interesting to see if Drai elevates his game even more with McDavid out. Pretty sure Malkin got better with Crosby our, and Henrik/Daniel got better when the other was injured.

So he has to be better then league leading Art Ross and potential Hart winner ..himself.... tailor your expectations bud.

Reactions: bone and Kofi Annan

Drai nation

Apr 10, 2019
Not sure if discussed but how do you think Marleau would fit in on McDavids line? He's cheap for the cap, got the wheels at age 40 to still keep up and his deal expires at the end of the season.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I know that McDavid draws the best checkers of the other team, but his line has been silent of late, likely due to his wingers. Compared to Drai's line that is.

We will suffer with McDavid out, but not as much as many would think, who haven't seen how our team has functioned lately. With how Drai's line is rolling, we definitely have a shot to win the game

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
Not sure if discussed but how do you think Marleau would fit in on McDavids line? He's cheap for the cap, got the wheels at age 40 to still keep up and his deal expires at the end of the season.
I would do it. Wouldn’t cost a lot either. Even if Neal comes back we can bump marleau to the 3rd line and run a

marleau-haas-archi

that line would be fast enough I think.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I’m pretty sure McDavid has final say.

As soon as it happened I knew it was bad. That thought was confirmed when he was having issues the rest of the game.

He literally never missed a shift and was skating today.

Calm down lol

Reactions: 9GWG9

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Getzlaf was interviewed last week and said he does not want to be traded.

As a long term vet and team captain I think he pretty much has to say that. Nothing positive would come of him saying publicly he would be fine with going to the right team. He obviously has deep roots in SoCal with four kids in school there and he already has his Cup but he has to know that he likely won't be around for another contending Ducks team. He might be interested in staying in the Pacific for family reasons but with his contract he would be a complicated fit in terms of his salary and the assets they expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->