Status
Not open for further replies.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Nygard KRussell Neal McDavid Klefbom

Injuries are starting to mount up.
Its a league wide thing.
It's just the time of the season where bodies break down and bruises and bumps are building up and injury is more prone

this is why Ovi and Fleury were smart to skip the all-star game. extra week and half can do wonders

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
I do agree with you though that Kassian should be on McDavids line for the time being.
Its been a good fit and I like having some toughness there.

I actually like Kassian there because he opens up the ice. The last two games McD got chances but it was tough sledding. We really need a top six player(I do not care if it is a wing or a center), some names I like a lot are :
- Tartar
- Getzlaf(but he is not fast)
- Hoffman(if he plays with McD for a full season Richard)
- Sam Bennet( I know he is not a top six but if Calgary drops out I would ship Pullijarvi right to them)
- Tiffoli
- Kapanen
- Kreider(everyone has him)
- And a weird one here - Jason Spezza

The last one is more or less because I like veteran centers on a team.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I actually like Kassian there because he opens up the ice. The last two games McD got chances but it was tough sledding. We really need a top six player(I do not care if it is a wing or a center), some names I like a lot are :
- Tartar
- Getzlaf(but he is not fast)
- Hoffman(if he plays with McD for a full season Richard)
- Sam Bennet( I know he is not a top six but if Calgary drops out I would ship Pullijarvi right to them)
- Tiffoli
- Kapanen
- Kreider(everyone has him)
- And a weird one here - Jason Spezza

The last one is more or less because I like veteran centers on a team.

Tatar would be a great fit. Very responsible 5x5 player with speed and offence in his game.
I just have no idea what it would take for Montreal to move him.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Gagner is not good enough IMO but I get why you put him there. Myself I would rather see some speed up there like maybe Haas or something? I dunno, we already have pretty limited depth....how good would Strome look about now? Stupid Chia.

I've liked what I've seen from Haas so far but Tippet doesn't seem to have any trust in him.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Hopefully they shut Nealer down for the season... 3rd round pick could be key to getting something of use in the offseason

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Tatar would be a great fit. Very responsible 5x5 player with speed and offence in his game.
I just have no idea what it would take for Montreal to move him.

I dunno, I think he would be the fit I would want going forward anyways because he solves a lot of issues:

Tatar/McD/Kassian
Nuge/Drai/Yammo

That is a good top six full of really high IQ players(Kassian for the most part is decent unless he goes overboard), good shooters, some size, speed. That group would be a threat everynight and there would not be a dependence on one player.

Reactions: guymez

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I was hoping Neal could stay hot and help the team like he did at the start of the year... but honestly the way he's been playing recently and the fact he's likely a net negative at evens... the IR isn't a bad place for him.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Well, if Neal does not get 21 goals, the Flames don't get the conditional pick. Looking on the bright. The optimal scenario is they bring in another top 9 forward and Neal returns for the playoffs.

Also gives us the potential to explore the "Kane Loophole" which is basically taking advantage of Neal's LTIR cap space for the rest of the regular season and not suffer any penalties for when he returns for the playoffs (if we make it of course)

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
If McDavid is out for a while, go get Getzlaf.
giphy.gif

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Is it just me or does McDavid seem like he's buckled on percocets or something during that interview? Haven't ever seen him laugh that much.

Last edited:

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
So gagner Haas Chiasson is a line now? That´s exprimental... ts a second line?? Now... thats something to watch.... Could be the day Haas jumped the shark.. I hope not.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I think that we, as Oiler fans, will have to get used to holding our breath when it comes to Connor getting injured. Personally, I think his injury is what has been stated so far, but with that being said, seeing how his last injury was covered up, who can tell for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->