McDavid & Draisaitl vs Matthews & W. Nylander

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
which duo created more goals?

177 and 130 points are apparently close? :laugh:

Even some of those in Leafland that try and force the "Matthews = McDavid" narrative are too funny. Could you imagine their reaction if someone tried to force down their throats that a guy with 31 points less than Matthews was equal. Pick some 38 point player. I like Matthews, but man.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
I really like Mathews and Nylander....but not even remotely close to Mcdavid and Draisatl.....talent level is much further apart then most people realize....

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I don't understand the need for Toronto fans to continually compare to Oilers.

Toronto has a great and unique future. Completely different than the Oilers and McDavid/Leon. Both with thier challenges.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
I don't understand the need for Toronto fans to continually compare to Oilers.

Toronto has a great and unique future. Completely different than the Oilers and McDavid/Leon. Both with thier challenges.

Agreed...it's always Maple Leaf fans that need to compare...you never hear Oiler fans asking if Mathews is as good as Mcdavid...haha

Buzzman17

Apr 13, 2017
177 and 130 points are apparently close? :laugh:

Even some of those in Leafland that try and force the "Matthews = McDavid" narrative are too funny. Could you imagine their reaction if someone tried to force down their throats that a guy with 31 points less than Matthews was equal. Pick some 38 point player. I like Matthews, but man.

Kind of unfair you aren't taking into account the fact that both leafs were rookies dunt ya think

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Even leaf fans would take the Edmonton duo. There's no arguing against McDavid, and Draisaitl is an elite player himself. McDavid makes this way too easy of a choice. A straight up comparison between Draisaitl vs Matthews or Nylander would be a better discussion, but McDavid is on a whole other level.

McFlash

Apr 8, 2017
The main advantage for Toronto is the fact that we can't even decide if the main dup is Matthews/Marner or Matthews/Nylander. To have 3 guys that good at that age is terrific.

Won't be for too long now. There's this finish guy......just turned 19 this off-season, already a year worth of NHL/AHL experience under his belt. Put him with Dr.Drai, and McJesus,Pool party, is about to arrive to the show.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Please tell me no one refers to Auston Matthews as ''Math''.....

Disregarding the nicknames I'll pick the duo with McDavid if Toronto does end up signing those two for 17.5.

It doesn't sound right... "Math... your soup is getting cold..." "Math... your mommy is calling you!"

Anyone under the age of 40 will not get that. ^^

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
The Edmonton duo makes a combined 21 mill.

Lets assule that Matthews next contract is 10 & Nylanders 7.5 mill (17.5)

Which duo would you rather have going forward? Which duo has the better cap hit relative to guestimated future accomplishments?

Those extra 3.5 mill that Toronto can spend, could be really important for a contending team.

Didn't include Marner for obvious reasons.

Am I perhaps underestimating what the MLs duo will be paid?

No contest: McDavid / Draisaitl.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
McDavid is the best of the bunch, so advantage Edmonton, no matter how else you wanna look at it.

That said, I do beleive Draisaitl is closer to Nylander, Marner than he is to Matthews. Obviously there isn't enough history yet to go on, but I think that will become evident.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad