• Too close to call

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Draisaitl himself outscored Marner, what possible reason could you have for thinking that adding McDavid and Matthews would make this poll more even?

Reactions: McFlyingV

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Come on, really?

I don't get the lopsided result. I mean #1 is McDavid. But you can rank Marner/Matthews well above Draisaitl.

Lets say
#1 McDavid
#6 Matthews
#7 Marner
#12 Draisaitl

Then it should be some votes for Leafs tandem

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Its the Oilers all day lmao. People are going to come here and say Draisaitl puts up numbers because of McDavid and how his points drop off away from him but fail to realize when he wasnt with McDavid he was with Lucic/Chiasson/Reider/whatever trash Edmonton had, also ignore the fact that Marner plays with a top 10 center in Tavares.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't get the lopsided result. I mean #1 is McDavid. But you can rank Marner/Matthews well above Draisaitl.

Lets say
#1 McDavid
#6 Matthews
#7 Marner
#12 Draisaitl

Then it should be some votes for Leafs tandem
And why exactly are the rankings that way? Draisaitl had the highest points, goals, points per game, and goals per game of any of those 3 last season. He's currently tied with both Matthews and Marner with 5 points despite only playing 2 games. He has the best playoff stats of any player in this poll.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
McDavid is far superior to Matthews and there is no comparison to be made between the two. The gulf in talent and the results they've produced is that wide.

Draisaitl is better than Marner. Vastly superior in the goal scoring department.

This is not even remotely close.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
So McDavid Draisaitl >>> Matthews Marner?

There's so many wrong things with this poll that I'm not even going to take a side.
There's no point.
It's like asking if you believe Unicorns or Gremlins are going to run for president.
It makes no sense.

7Bxq.gif

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Matthews looks like he will win the rocket this season and Marner has an outside shot at the ross and will break 100 likely so I think Leafs duo is underrated here.
Anthony Mantha has 5G in 2GP. Small samples mean a whole lot of nothing, especially when there's 2 seasons of evidence that Matthews' ridiculous hot starts don't translate into scoring titles.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Matthews looks like he will win the rocket this season and Marner has an outside shot at the ross and will break 100 likely so I think Leafs duo is underrated here.

Yes and both McDavid and Drai are on pace to score more than 200 points.
Now let's just come back to reality here.
Curb our expectations back to something just a we bit more realistic so that our respective teams don't need to fire coaches and managers, trade half the core away and name a hedgehog with aspergers as the new team mascot to win back the trust of the fans.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Only Draisaitl gets punished for playing with good players. The Marner/Tavares point doesn't fit a certain narrative.

Yeah I mean I wholeheartedly believe if Draisaitl even had a decent playmaking winger like Nylander he would put up 90+ points. But I guess it only counts if he does if with bums like Chiasson or whoever the Oilers have on wing nowadays.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Usually threads that see Leafs getting slapped around in the votes get shut down pretty quick, surprised this one is still open.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Guentzel, too. Imagine Draisaitl and Guentzel on a line. HF probably thinks they'd be lucky to surpass 40 points each.

Yeah this aint a good comparison. Guentzel would be a 50-60 point winger on any other team. I highly doubt he puts up 40 goals and 76 points on a team like fhe Habs, Sabres or Isles and a bunch of others. Draisaitl is actually an elite player that people are too dumb to realize.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
Oh look another thinly veiled illpucks Draisaitl hate thread. This is new and interesting.

I am kind of surprised that it is 37-0 in favour of the Edmonton duo. I expected them to win but not like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->