McDavid-Draisaitl vs Crosby-Malkin

Which is the better tandem at this point?

• Total voters

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
crazy to think Draisaitl actually made it to Malkin tier. That was the dream when he was drafted but I'm not sure anybody actually expected him to achieve it.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
It’s Crosby and Malkin. Two CENTRES who produced elite numbers for over a decade centring their own line.

Draisaitl is an elite complimentary winger to Mdavid, but never cracked 60 points centring his own line, even when he had Hall as a winger.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
It’s Crosby and Malkin. Two CENTRES who produced elite numbers for over a decade centring their own line.

Draisaitl is an elite complimentary winger to Mdavid, but never cracked 60 points centring his own line, even when he had Hall as a winger.
Edmonton duo is better currently. We're not talking about their career, prime Crosby/Malkin is obviously better.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
It's not that easy. Malkin is still Malkin. He had a **** year but you know how he is - you could probably argue he's just as good as McDavid/Crosby as he can be, and even better, at times. He was lighting everything on fire the year prior.

And McDavid may have earned the distinction over Crosby in the long-run, but not sure I pick him over Crosby for a playoff run.

I'd still take Crosby/Malkin for just one year.

Malkin didn't start out great this year, and now he's out with a long-term LBI. Given those 2 things, if you told me I could steal either him or Drai to add to my team for the rest of the season, I don't even have to think about it---I'm taking Drai.

Trocity

Nov 24, 2016
Voted for the Pens duo without reading the OP - Mcdavid and Draisaitl are the duo I would take currently.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
crazy to think Draisaitl actually made it to Malkin tier. That was the dream when he was drafted but I'm not sure anybody actually expected him to achieve it.

He's made it to out of prime, broken down Malkin tier, not peak Malkin tier. Or even prime healthy Malkin tier. Big difference.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Depends, there is winger Drai playing on McDavid's line, and there is 2nd line center Drai. One is not like the other.

Last edited:

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Oilers duo just because I have this crazy idea that McDavid is going to get better at protecting himself and stay healthy longer with more experience.
That's literally the only thing.
If I didn't have to worry about Crosby or Malkin getting injured I'd still go with them because their experience weighs in very heavily.
Crosby for so many years was looked at a purely offensive force and one so powerful that he just negated the opposition's offensive and defensive efforts but over the years we've seen him mature into an elite all round player.
Kinda what Steve Yzerman did but Steve transformed much faster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad