McDavid-Draisaitl vs Crosby-Malkin

Which is the better tandem at this point?

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
McDavid is better than Crosby, Draisaitl is better than Malkin. Easy choice.

It's not that easy. Malkin is still Malkin. He had a shit year but you know how he is - you could probably argue he's just as good as McDavid/Crosby as he can be, and even better, at times. He was lighting everything on fire the year prior.

And McDavid may have earned the distinction over Crosby in the long-run, but not sure I pick him over Crosby for a playoff run.

I'd still take Crosby/Malkin for just one year.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'll still take the duo that can actually help their team make the playoffs more than once every decade

Reactions: sanscosm

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I'll still take the duo that can actually help their team make the playoffs more than once every decade
These are your playoff caliber forward lines?

Jurco - Crosby - Kassian
Nygard - Malkin - Neal
Khaira - RNH - Russel
Granlund - Cave - Haas

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Lol hockey is the ultimate team sport.

Drai and McDavid are the best duo in the league. Once we get some puck movers on D with our really deep D prospects (Bouchard, Broberg, et al) that gap will only widen.

Obviously career wise Crosby/Malkin but for right now it’s McDrai.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Yes - I think they might be. Just this year though, not moving forward obviously.
Do you think the Oilers would be a better team this year if they traded McDavid and Draisaitl for Crosby and Malkin?
Crosby-Malkin duo has never missed the playoffs. 13 years straight and counting.

Draisaitl playing at a 100 point level on his own line is still to be seen. Crosby/Malkin both have done that their whole careers. I'd still take the pens duo as of now.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Crosby-Malkin duo has never missed the playoffs. 13 years straight and counting.

Draisaitl playing at a 100 point level on his own line is still to be seen. Crosby/Malkin both have done that their whole careers. I'd still take the pens duo as of now.

Do you honestly believe that Crosby and Malkin are individually better than their McDavid and Draisaitl counterparts?

Honest question, Pens and Oilers fans know generational players better than any fan base over the last several generations. McDavid and Drai are only just hitting their stride.

Obviously career accomplishments it’s no debate, that’s the Pens duo.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Lol hockey is the ultimate team sport.

Drai and McDavid are the best duo in the league. Once we get some puck movers on D with our really deep D prospects (Bouchard, Broberg, et al) that gap will only widen.

Obviously career wise Crosby/Malkin but for right now it’s McDrai.

You mean the best duo that has to play together to be the best right?

And great players produce regardless, I highly doubt their numbers take a jump with better D-men. Maybe the Oilers get better as a team though.

Reactions: 6ix

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Do you honestly believe that Crosby and Malkin are individually better than their McDavid and Draisaitl counterparts?

Honest question, Pens and Oilers fans know generational players better than any fan base over the last several generations.

Obviously career accomplishments it’s no debate, that’s the Pens duo.
Mcdavid is the best player in the league. I would still take Crosby going into a playoff series but based on his last few seasons Mcdavid deserves the title.

Draisaitl i'm not ready to say is better than Malkin. If he repeats his season from last year while centering his own line then sure. It's also possible Malkin falls off this year since he's 33 now but until it happens ill give him the benefit of the doubt.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Mcdavid is the best player in the league. I would still take Crosby going into a playoff series but based on his last few seasons Mcdavid deserves the title.

Draisaitl i'm not ready to say is better than Malkin. If he repeats his season from last year while centering his own line then sure. It's also possible Malkin falls off this year since he's 33 now but until it happens ill give him the benefit of the doubt.

Fair enough, it’s close enough for reasoned hockey debate.

Your reasoning makes sense. I think the real question is Malkin v Dr. Drai. That’s where it gets interesting in player comparisons.

The only two 50 + 50 men in the last decade are Malkin and Drai.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
If you asked me who i would pick to have more points during the regular season i would pick Mcdavid - Draisaitl

If you asked me to pick two players for a cup run i would take Crosby - Malkin

Reactions: bh53

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
If this was asking which tandem is better at their peaks I'd chose the pens.

But since we are talking currently, I'd say it's pretty even.

Malkin and Crosby are both capable of 90+ points playing on separate lines. Cant say the same for the oilers

Reactions: sanscosm

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
If this was asking which tandem is better at their peaks I'd chose the pens.

But since we are talking currently, I'd say it's pretty even.

Malkin and Crosby are both capable of 90+ points playing on separate lines. Cant say the same for the oilers

give the Oilers a Kessel, Letang or Hornqvist and they'd be more than capable of doing it on separate lines

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad