McDavid/Draisaitl Skills Comparison

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
Sop this is the Oilers 1/2 punch down the middle for the next 10-15 years. So what would you classify McDavid's toolbox or skill set as and what would you classify Draisaitl's as being? Then, give a comparison for each player based on effectiveness and give a comparison based on style.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Mcdavid: has every strength and tool. Speed and IQ is best in the nhl. Hands are elite, shot is great but not elite. Comparison would be a Bure/ Datsyuk mix

LD is a Kopitar clone

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Mcdavid: has every strength and tool. Speed and IQ is best in the nhl. Hands are elite, shot is great but not elite. Comparison would be a Bure/ Datsyuk mix

LD is a Kopitar clone

This about sums it up.

The one tweak I'd say is if the Bure/Datsyuk hybrid had the hands of Schremp

It's actually kind of crazy just how much of a Kopitar clone Drai is

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

LD is a Kopitar clone

McDavid certainly does not have the best IQ in the league.

He is, however, the best skater I've ever seen.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
McDavid is pretty much the best offensive machine. Speed of Bure, hands of Kane and reach of Nash. Pass first player so a goalie can never really cheat on his shot either.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

LD is a Kopitar clone

When Draisaitl learns how to win faceoffs then you can start the Kopitar comparisons

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Drai is just built like a **** brickhouse too. Not exceptionally tall but it's common to see him be the guy left standing with the puck after receiving a hit. McDavid is typically just too quick to catch. I get the Kopitar comparisons but I see Drai as more of a Thornton lite with a deceptive shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad