Rumor: McDavid Camp Seeking 14m Per?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
Please God do not let this be true.

But if so, how do we work with the cap hell we'll be in? Think he would really ask for this much if he wants to win some cups? If this is how much he's expecting, we can kiss away our ideas for Drai at 7.xM per cause he's definitely gonna expect more than that.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

But if so, how do we work with the cap hell we'll be in? Think he would really ask for this much if he wants to win some cups? If this is how much he's expecting, we can kiss away our ideas for Drai at 7.xM per cause he's definitely gonna expect more than that.

Drai going to get 8.5 to 9 per and McD at around 14.

like really, what were fans expecting?

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
Drai going to get 8u.5 to 9 per and McD at around 14.

Does he not care about building a team around him? Realistically, we are going to be in cap hell. There isn't a whole lot we can do but plug in cheap wingers or college FA's like Pitts and hope they can somehow perform..

Hope he's not just looking for a pay day lol.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I think Dreger was just throwing a number out. He later said on Twitter that they "could" ask for $14M.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton

The only way to win multiple titles when you have a superstar in a cap league is for that super star to leave money on the table. Crosby did that and the Pens just repeated. Tom Brady has done it repeatedly and has five rings.

I'd love to see McDavid at an aav of $9.7M.

It really is McDavid's choice. I don't get why the rumour isn't that he is asking for the max, which will be $15 million next season. If he's going for all the money then go for it. Leaving a million on the table is just meh.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
OMG I am off to high level bridge this Troll tweet from Dreger is going to make me jump. Just leave this garbage on the main please.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Does he not care about building a team around him? Realistically, we are going to be in cap hell. There isn't a whole lot we can do but plug in cheap wingers or college FA's like Pitts and hope they can somehow perform..

Hope he's not just looking for a pay day lol.

sure he does, but not at the expense of taking away from his monetary value.

oh yeah .......McDavid will sign for 9.7.:laugh: just to be symbolic and help the Oilers out.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
OMG I am off to high level bridge this Troll tweet from Dreger is going to make me jump. Just leave this garbage on the main please.

I actually don't read the mains to be perfectly honest. Saw on Twitter myself, as well as floating around Facebook. This could be reality for all we know. I didn't just make this for the sake of making it, I just haven't seen anyone really talking about it on HFOil yet.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I actually don't read the mains to be perfectly honest. Saw on Twitter myself, as well as floating around Facebook. This could be reality for all we know. I didn't just make this for the sake of making it, I just haven't seen anyone really talking about it on HFOil yet.

it is what it is......expecting him to take a discount woiuld be naive.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
sure he does, but not at the expense of taking away from his monetary value.

oh yeah .......McDavid will sign for 9.7.:laugh: just to be symbolic and help the Oilers out.
Ok Avatar bet with anyone McDavid take less then 14 million any takers / how about you booya you seem certain McDavid is just here for max payout

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Because the whispers were immediately followed back up by Dreger the idiot backtracking.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
it is what it is......expecting him to take a discount woiuld be naive.

It would be ass backwards. He talks all humble and he says he's obviously not better than Crobsy (yet), but he's good enough to take a contract that's 5m more than what he's ever gotten..

Naive yes, though the discount would still be a more than reasonable salary.

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton

There was panic in the trade thread earlier today, which ended when we realized that Dreger is speculating.

The current panic is about the Russell extension. You are welcome to join us. Refreshments will be served.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Drai going to get 8.5 to 9 per and McD at around 14.

yeh, at that price point I would ship him out. 7M should be his max..
trade his ass if he commands more. Should net a very good haul considering his last season.

We should be able to get just about any Dman of our choice including Doughty, Parayko and Pieterangelo

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
There was panic in the trade thread earlier today, which ended when we realized that Dreger is speculating.

The current panic is about the Russell extension. You are welcome to join us. Refreshments will be served.
This if HF refreshments are sour milk and crow appetizers

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton

As fun as that sounds, I value my health. I'll have to pass on that one.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Ok Avatar bet with anyone McDavid take less then 14 million any takers / how about you booya you seem certain McDavid is just here for max payout

Do you have more than one profile? How do you have multiple avatar bets going at one time? :laugh:

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

I'm not certain, but I'm also not innocent in thinking that he owes anything to this club to take anything less than his perceived worth.
In the end it's all a business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad