McDavid breaks Lemieux's record for highest involvement on team's offense

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
McDavid is the entire Oilers franchise... Without him they are straight trash and if they don't help this kid win a cup that entire organization is going to be mocked for wasting this kids talent for decades..

No team has that kinda player on their team and he has 57% involvement of their whole teams goals... 1 player.. change the name of that team to the Edmonton Mcdavids already!

Reactions: Morrison

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I feel like stats like this are more of an indictment of managenent. After the dybamuc duo, next best point total from a forward is RNH with 35 lol not a single rob brown in the bunch? Jeez
Feels? It is. If Holland can find 1/2 solid guys like Tofolli, look out.
Don't need any stars. Just solid support.

Reactions: Sweetpotato

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Ridiculous.

He’s been so good all season long, can’t wait for the playoffs to start.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Christ, the media is soooo thirsty to put put stuff about how great McDavid is, I am afraid to think about what is going to happen if he keeps this up for the next 15 years and actually comes within reach of 99s records. The freaking collective media nerdgasm might cause the end of mankind.

Like theybdid with Gretz. Because he was he all time great. Nothing strange here. Move on with your life.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
we'll have to see. I'm not convinced about this.

Idiots like Rob Rossi are the minority.

If any human being even tries or thinks that there is some argument against what he did...Lord have mercy. It is nonsensical.

Queue Jeff O'Neil ( The guy who said he would take Matthews over a prime Gretzky) or James Mirtle.

Odog has actually been on the McDavid train this year.

Reactions: iCanada and Voight

needforspeed

Mar 20, 2021
That's ridiculous number, absolutely amazing. Biggest reason of course McDavid's greatness but probably also a combination of weird year and structure in Edmonton's team. My takes here: 1) McDavid is the best player in the game, not even slightest argument against him winning the Hart trophy this year 2) Edmonton will not get far in the playoffs with such biased numbers, this isn't basketball

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Anyone thinking otherwise has managed to 4D think themselves out of the obvious answer.

Anyone unconvinced has a monstrous and debilitating inferiority complex.

McDavid would only have competition for the Hart had:

Kane been quite a bit better on his own.
Matthews scored 50 goals.
Edmonton missed the playoffs.

That's the entire list of things that would have made it a debate.
As it is today, the only question is who is the moron who will vote against him.
Its times like these that I wish votes were public. So we could all band together and ridicule whoever the idiots are voting the wrong way.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
One guy making 82% of a teams offense screams “deep playoff run”

Hopefully they do a good job surrounding him with depth smartly (ie not overpaying free agent bottom six players) this offseason and however many

It’s nice to focus on the positives of McDavid, but there’s an obvious negative implication of having a player that big of a %

Last edited:

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
This is a Mario record that I thought would never be broken. To be honest, I probably would be more angry than celebratory about it if I were an Oilers fan.

It requires a dubious combination of a once in a generation talent, and complete offensive ineptitude to achieve.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
With points on an astounding 57.38% of the Oilers total goals this season, McDavid has set a new NHL record.

Lemieux's record is playing the the entire league 80 game seaon not only playing 25 % of the league in a 56 game season.

Last edited:

feffan

Sep 9, 2010
Malmö
People are questioning a record when it's done with less games than a usual full season and therefore prorating stats from a Oilers player when comparing with a Penguins player. Got to love the irony.

Reactions: PeterCheater

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->