McDavid already has more 5 point games than Crosby

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
McDavid is 24. By age 24 Crosby had been to two Cup finals, winning one.

It does not cease to amaze me when people do not understand the difference between team achievements and individual achievements....flabbergasted really.

Then again, a sizable group of people do reside near the left tail end of the IQ bell curve...

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
WTF is this thread. Where are you people coming from.

Dude this was just in response to point totals. Crosby missed a lot of games in his prime which luckily McDavid hasn't. So McDavid will mostly likely end up with more career games and points. People jump in without context haha. I was responding to a guy who said Crosby wouldn't end up close to McDavid in the end which is just dumb lol.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Which is being an anti-fan. To each their own, however, I would not be happy if a team that should have won gets stiffed, even if I disliked the franchise. Perhaps mildly amused at a from of schatenfroid, btw, what team do you cheer for?

I do not give a shit about the Oilers or any other NHL team. In addition, I do not give a shit about any other club team in any league. Never have.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Ok so you agree, his career wasn't derailed for a year and a half because of neck and head issues. He missed a summer of training while he rehabbed. That doesn't make him better than Crosby. All I said was that his numbers are most likely going to be higher because he has not missed games in his prime due to a major injury.
it’s called robust

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
it’s called robust

Its easier to be Robust when you have extra long offseason often :sarcasm:

Ha anyways I am agreeing that McDavid will probably have better total numbers. I just dont think numbers only will be a good comparisons for the careers.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Its easier to be Robust when you have extra long offseason often :sarcasm:

Ha anyways I am agreeing that McDavid will probably have better total numbers. I just dont think numbers only will be a good comparisons for the careers.
I agree, total points is secondary. Keep in mind, there is no way to have a fair comparison. Such things are in the area of fandom opinion.

Reactions: Darren McCord

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
He deserves every bit of the praise he is getting.

What he has not earned yet is comparaison with a guy like Crosby.

You can score more points, you can have more trophies, you can be "better", but until your actually have team success (the reason why they play the games), well... what does it really mean? That you are stuck in a bad situation, mostly. But it also raises unfair questions about you as a player.

Contradiction is it not?

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
One thing I do find interesting is how much Edmonton plays down there lineup in these discussions.

They don't like hearing about Crosby cup finals back to back with winning one of them.

Is it Possible Malkin and Crosby were just further ahead then everyone than McDavid and Draisaitl currently are?

Malkin went Beast mode and Crosby also elevated play to carry the penguins to a cup win.
I don't think are lineup was that special.
Gonchar late in his career was still great but I wouldn't call him the #1 caliber anymore still top pairing. This was also Letang when he was a solid #4.
Jordan Staal was great though.

I hear great things about Klefbom and I feel Nurse has been shoved down hfboard throats.

I also hear RNH is an incredible winger that may be commanding 8 million next contract (let's see what covid does it may lower)

So which is it?
All these players on Edmonton are bad or that McDavid and Draisaitl right now aren't at that stage of there careers where they can carry a team like Malkin and Crosby?

Reactions: sanscosm

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
McDavid is, without a doubt, the best offensive talent since Lemieux. No one is denying that. However, there's more to the game than just offense.

HF: It's not just about points, Crosby can't better than ____ because he doesn't play defense
Also HF: McDavid must be better than Crosby because points

You can't have it both ways, HF. McDavid smashes Crosby in pretty much every offensive category. And that's saying something, given Crosby's numbers. But Crosby smashes McDavid in every non-offensive category.

Crosby is the more complete player. Always has been. Always will be.
McDavid is the better offensive talent. Always has been. Always will be.

How do you define offense? Because Crosby was superior at generating offense in his prime. Awards? Crosby missed out on scoring titles due to injury in 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
McDaddy is a better player then Crosby. Way superior skills, that match mario and wayne.

What skills? Edgework? Backhand? Passing? Shot? Board work? Hand-eye? I get that Crosby’s peak was 10 years ago now but sheesh.

The issue here is you seem to think McDavid is going to be declining at 27/28.

In my opinion that's when he will be at his best.

That would make him an outlier. Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin all hit their peaks 22-25.

Reactions: sanscosm

MoistDadBod

Apr 3, 2017
Down East
How do you define offense? Because Crosby was superior at generating offense in his prime.

No he wasn't.

Awards? Crosby missed out on scoring titles due to injury in 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015.

Being so injury prone and missing so much hockey is an argument against Sid, not for him. Sorry, but you don't get any credit for things you didn't do.

Reactions: generalshepherd141

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->