Jameson Olive: McCoshen Polishing Possession Skills in AHL

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Just because he's a defensive-minded guy doesn't mean he can't be a solid puck-moving defenseman.

That's the basis for our latest FloridaPanthers.com interview with 2013 second-round pick Ian McCoshen.

In the midst of his first professional season in Springfield, the Panthers hope that McCoshen will hopefully follow the same developmental path as Mike Matheson, in terms of getting a good amount of AHL seasoning before making the jump.

Read ->> https://www.nhl.com/panthers/news/m...ession-skills-in-first-pro-season/c-286512264

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Just because he's a defensive-minded guy doesn't mean he can't be a solid puck-moving defenseman.

That's the basis for our latest FloridaPanthers.com interview with 2013 second-round pick Ian McCoshen.

In the midst of his first professional season in Springfield, the Panthers hope that McCoshen will hopefully follow the same developmental path as Mike Matheson, in terms of getting a good amount of AHL seasoning before making the jump.

Read ->> https://www.nhl.com/panthers/news/m...ession-skills-in-first-pro-season/c-286512264

Hmmm. We already have a quite few offensive-defencemen on our roster and among prospects, so a shutdown puck-moving defenseman sounds pretty good, if McCoshen can be that for us.

Nice article.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
When i interned at the hockey news I was chatting with the prospects guy one morning and he said he was pretty confident McCoshen would be a steady NHLer, really believed he'd be a hitter, stay at home guy who can pass the puck

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Hmmm. We already have a quite few offensive-defencemen on our roster and among prospects, so a shutdown puck-moving defenseman sounds pretty good, if McCoshen can be that for us.

Nice article.

Not in the article, but Matheson also told me that playing with McCoshen is great because he's the type of guy that allows you to take risks on offense because you know he'll cover for you if things go awry.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Definitely curious to see how/when he makes the jump and if they decide to repair the BC duo at some point.

Thanks for the article.

gcattei

Jun 23, 2015
I wonder if Petro was our Gudbranson replacement, if McCoshen will be our Petro replacement if taken in expansion draft.

If next year we can slot him on the 3rd pair next to Matheson like Petro is doing this year, I'd be ecstatic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad