McCarron and Fucale among many Montreal Canadiens prospects recalled in 2015-16

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Condon does not need anymore time in the AHL. Dude is 26 in a week from now and overall had a solid NHL season, especially given the situation in Montreal. No need to demote him, that would be a huge blow to his moral.

Condon is only backup caliber, can find them as tier 2 free agents. Price is injury prone, in 2 of last 3 season its killed team. Nobody in system with much NHL experience. Big hole there

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Maybe it's already been discussed and I missed it, but does anyone else think Charlie Lindgren getting a NHL start BEFORE Zach Fucale was a huge slap in the face?

And I'm not debating their indivual talents here, and I know full well that signing college free agents requires getting them in games to burn contract years. But are you telling me they couldn't find playing time for a guy with 3 years in the organization with the kind of season we had?

And by all reports, I'm told Zach had a pretty solid first pro season. It struck me as really, really odd by an organization always priding itself on doing the right thing. I mean they "rewarded" John Scott for less.

Just stinks, in my opinion. Maybe it's just me.

I'm with you. It sure is a slap in the face for Fucale. Maybe they think he's really not ready. Some weird decisions all season. Why hasn't Hudon been recalled near the end? :shakehead

As you said, I'm pretty sure Lindgren playing a game was one of the condition for him to sign here. Burn one year of his ELC so he can get paid faster. It's very frequent with NCAA FAs.

No need to play Fucale in a dumpster fire year and let him get lit up in his first game.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
What does Nikita Scherbak bave to work on before he can join the Habs?

A little off topic, but did he choose the number 38 he's got in photos in which he wears a Canadiens jersey because of Vladimir Malakhov?

If so, he's reminding fans of a not altogether pleasant experience with a Russian player.

from what i hear he has to put some more weight on and work on his D. And keep his head up as well. lol.

Mitch Brown's twitter feed has a lot of vids of our prospects. Lots of good ones of his zone entries, dipsy doodles and passing. He's pretty damn impressive. I'd say our most skilled forward on our farm team since AK or Balej. I'm just guessing on that last part. He could really be something though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad