McCabe is a Stone Cold Idiot

Discussion in 'Fugu's Business of Hockey Forum' started by Crazy Lunatic, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Toronto Star,

"Leafs defenceman and player-rep Bryan McCabe said the players simply won't consider a cap, not even a soft cap, hard cap, or the luxury tax system that would eliminate the linkage to league revenues."

What exactly would this bumbling moron accept? His ignorant a$$ is going to be forced to accept 2 years without pay. This guy will be working behind the counter of a Tim Hortons within the next 3 years. Bettman is going to make this guy his bit*h... ha! :lol

2. Steve L*

Steve L* Registered User

Home Page:
    I really hope he lives up to his word and doesnt come back to play with a cap.

The only downside is that it will be a lot harder for the Flyers to knock out the Leafs again without McCabe playing. :joker:

3. Hawker14

Hawker14 Registered User

i actually appreciate comments like this from mccabe, since it makes me feel smarter and better about myself !

:lol:

if the nhl offered the NHLPA an extension of the just ended CBA, but with a us$ 65 million per team salary cap, would the NHLPA reject it ? no.

the only question about the NHLPA agreeing to a salary cap is merely the level it's set at. the players saying anything else is mere posturing.

4. isnt a luxury tax system that eliminates linkage to revenue exactly what was offered by the PA? im confused :dunno:

5. kremlin

kremlin Registered User

Home Page:
    McCabe has proven during this lockout that he can better not speak at all. Furthermore, he has also proven that he's not good enough to play in an elite European league. So Bryan, good luck to you in the UHL the next coming seasons! But then again, he won't play there either, as salaries are capped. In fact, why did this idiot play in SEL where salaries are capped as well?

6. dunwoody_joe

dunwoody_joe Registered User

Home Page:
    What he means is that when he goes to work at Tim Horton's he will not accept a cap of any kind!

Kind of ironic that Tim Horton's (originally started by the Leaf Hall of Fame defenseman) will ultimately be the employer of choice for most of these clowns! Tim would be rolling over in his grave.

By the way, what do you think will happen if McCabe's donut shop starts losing money while he is working there--sure enough he'll be let go. Because in the real business world salary and jobs are tied to revenue! :banghead:

7. Is it Tim Hortons that has those chilled coffee drinks called Ice Caps? I wonder if McCabe will refuse to serve them?

8. RangerBoy

RangerBoy TRUST THE PROCESS

Home Page:
    The NHLPA should put out a gag order on most of their guys especially some of the Toronto guys:Bryan McCabe,Darcy Tucker and Tie Domi.Joe Nieuwendyk is a moderate and sane voice

9. GKJ

GKJ Global Moderator

As someone who leans PA, Bryan McCabe can screw off

10. quat

quat winsome, loathsome

artist
    Home Page:

I believe the proper term at Tim Hortons, is "hairnet" rather than "cap"... so McCabe may be honestly employed there.

11. Greschner4

Greschner4 Registered User

He's not even smart enough to know what his own PA has proposed and you can't cite much better evidence that he should slink away to the dunce corner.

12. PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion

I don't know why im defending Mccabe but, is that even a direct quote from Mccabe himself? I really never trust anything Toronto media and the way its written sounds like someone could have easily twisted it around. I could be definitely wrong too it just sounds a little odd the way it was written.

13. eye

eye Registered User

Home Page:
    After his minus 5 final playoff game against the Flyers and being cut from a team in Sweden you would think that McCabe would have been humbled. You would think that he would be grateful to still have an NHL job even at a guaranteed league average salary.

14. Bring Back Bucky

Bring Back Bucky Registered User

Hamster Trainer
    I understand that the wealthier citizens of Toronto are fabulously enamoured with their giant poodles, and Mr. McCabe has the flair and style to apply for a job as a fantastic farrah-fawcett haired poodle walker/poop scooper. Best of luck Brian, use me for a reference if you want.... :dunce:

15. mooseOAK*

mooseOAK* Guest

Isn't McCabe just stating the NHLPA position which is agreed to by the leaders and membership?

16. gobuds

gobuds Registered User

Home Page:
    no Mcabe is a moron!

17. ladybugblue

ladybugblue Registered User

Graduate student
    No the PA proposed a soft cap aka Luxury tax system which if the quote is correct means he doesn't even know what his side is offering... :lol

18. Pepper

Pepper Registered User

I think the owners have bribed McCabe to make these comments to make NHLPA look like a bunch of morons. I mean with statements like that from the Leafs player-rep, NHL has a much better chance in labor courts when they want to declare the impasse.

19. mooseOAK*

mooseOAK* Guest

The article doesn't mention whether his comments were made before or after the NHLPA offer.

20. snakepliskin

snakepliskin Registered User

cut maccabe some slack-he is a hockey player not a rockete scientist (a bad hockey player but still a hockey player)

21. Charge_Seven

Charge_Seven Registered User

Like another poster said, it's not a direct quote. For all you guys know the questions were "would you accept a 1 million dollar hard cap?" and he said "no". Which becomes "McCabe says he won't accept a hardcap".

For any of you to believe that he said those things straight up (or recently) makes me wonder why people ever try to have intelligent debates on here. (not that there have been many as of late)

22. SENSible1*

SENSible1* Guest

Given his track record, I don't think it is too much of a stretch to imagine McCabe's quote was accurate.

23. Brent Burns Beard

Brent Burns Beard DontTouchMyDonskoi!

No they are not .. In the business world, salaries are tied to a budget. The players have no problem and encourage the owners to set and stick to a budget.

In the real world, your boss can decide to exceed his budget if thinks it’s a good business decision to do so. He isnt "capped" by some legislation.

Next ..

DR

24. Volcanologist

Volcanologist Used Register

Bingo.

The weakest part of the owners' position is their total deflection of responsibility to "the inflationary system".

25. Leafer4Life

Leafer4Life Go Leafs Go!

Office Worker
    Home Page:
    Not the brightest bulb in the shop.......... :shakehead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.