McAvoy slew foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Not a slewfoot. For a slewfoot, iirc, the plaeyer needs to have his skate behind that of the opposing player and pull him back such that he trips over the player's skate. McAvoy's foot is in front of Hyman while he pulls him back. Simply pulls him down.

Mar 26, 2010
Not a slewfoot. For a slewfoot, iirc, the plaeyer needs to have his skate behind that of the opposing player and pull him back such that he trips over the player's skate. McAvoy's foot is in front of Hyman while he pulls him back. Simply pulls him down.
It was 100% a slewfoot. Hopefully the nhl reviews the dirty play.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Go play Fornite bro. Hockey isn't your thing.

Good one?

Let's just ignore the kicking motion McAvoys right leg does just as Hymans falling, okay.

Again, coulda just been the grab that took down Hyman instead of the foot, another angle would be nice. Saying it isn't close to being one is absurd though.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Good one?

Let's just ignore the kicking motion McAvoys right leg does just as Hymans falling, okay.

Again, coulda just been the grab that took down Human instead of the foot, another angle would nice. Saying it isn't close to being one is absurd though.
It isn't close. There is replay. Not sure what you are looking at. Tell me exactly where the slew foot occurs. Pro tip....you can't, because it literally never happens.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
missed calls, bad calls and posts! its part of the game, stop whining about them! #justwinbaby

Reactions: Kelly

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Mcavoy never got his skate behind that dude. Just leveraged him with his shoulder. Is it a penalty for interference? Sure. But the refs swallowed their whistles all game long unless it was very egregious or a delay of game off the boards

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa
I wouldn't call it a slewfoot, but how are people saying it's not even close? If his skate is three inches to the right, it's textbook. That's "close" in my book - it almost looks like he tried a slewfoot and missed.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Page 1, 1st post, see that video. Click the play button.
That video is taken from the left. It gives a distorted view point of where each players legs are. They played a few different angles during the game, mcavoy didn’t slew foot him. He got inside position and took him down with the front shoulder.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Yeah, and where in that video does McAvoy's skate/leg go behind the Leaf while tripping him backwards? It's not there.

Are you serious saying it isnt close? I mean more likely it was the grab that took him down, but there is clearly a kicking motion and it looks like it just missed in that second video.

Again not thread worthy, but saying it isn't close than preaching to other people to learn what a slew foot is, it's funny.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Does his skate even touch Hyman's leg? Can't tell.
No, it didn’t.

Sweet flop by Hyman though. Give it a 9.3. Bravo hymen, nice work — looks like it isn’t first time for him.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I'm not sure how someone could call it a "slewfoot" AND THEN show a video in the same post that clearly shows it is not a slew-foot.

I'm sure there are Leafs fans out there that are embarrassed by this thread, but, sadly, anybody is allowed to start a thread here.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Not a slew foot, but def interference. I'd say the Marchand 2 hander on Rielly is more thread worthy than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->