Rumor: McAvoy and Bruins talking contract extension?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I still think McAvoy will be a good one, but he hasn't played great hockey since last season before his injury and heart complications. No way would I bring out the big bucks for 8 years at this point. He still has a lot to prove.

Reactions: billings21

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Every contract is a gamble, but if you are going to roll the dice, it's better to do so on a young player producing now. I sign him and don't think about it again for 8 years.
Is he producing now though? Feels like he has taken a couple of steps back after exploding onto the scene 2 playoffs ago.

Reactions: billings21

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
If Sweeney has shown one thing, its the ability to get a good deal on an RFA, so I think we will be pleased with this contract.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He hasn’t earned anything close to 5mil.

Yeah, but when he has earned that, you'll have to sign him for 10-11m over 8 years compared to 6-7 now. That's the risk of signing someone for 8 years. He'll be 30 when his next contract ends (if it's 8 years). For a guy like McAvoy, I'm almost certain he'll be AT LEAST a value player at 6-7 million. Might be slight overpayment for the first year or two but it'll be worth it. I'm absolutely, 100% comfortable taking the risk with him, just like I was with Pasta.

They might use Pasta's deal as a basis. 6-6.75 a year for 6-8 years?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m on a relieved kick

One I’m relieved knowing McAvoy hasn’t felt well which explains his lukewarm performance

Two I’ll be relieved when whatever is causing this effect is no longer

I love him like the family dog and 8 years term under $7 is a win (6.7 works)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad