Confirmed with Link: Mazanec Re-Signed 1-Year, 2-way

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I could see Hellberg or Maz being part of a package deal. Even Saros if it's big enough.

Glad we kept Maz, he impressed me when Rinne was hurt.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I could see Hellberg or Maz being part of a package deal. Even Saros if it's big enough.

Glad we kept Maz, he impressed me when Rinne was hurt.

you mean the previous seaon, right? not this past one? Because I think he olny played two or three games this season

I think Maz had what happens when a new goalie with decent skills first gets called up... they play well to start with but then other teams get "the book" on him and his performance drops, which is what happened in 13-14.

he's a decent emergency option but I dont see him ever being a full time NHL backup, especially since it appears he regressed in Milwaukee this year

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Seems strange unless a move is coming.
I expected Saros-Hellberg duo in Milwaukee next year.

That's the way I saw it too. I figured Poile wasn't brave enough to dump Hutton so he'd still be the backup and Mazanec would be out. I guess it's possible Saros could end up in Cincy with Hellberg and Mazanec in Milwaukee.

Going back to what people watching the Ads say, maybe the organization sees more in Mazanec than Hellberg, even though the eyeball test says otherwise.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
and now we've just signed another goalie to a minor league contract.... curioser and curioser

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Appears to be a MIL signing, not a NSH signing.

Just a replacement for Madore, but still the question remains what happens next? Does one team roll with 3 goalies, do we have a trade coming up, or does Hellberg walk?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad