Maybe Tomas Kaberle can bring you dinner?

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
He’d probably have a clear lane to your front porch but then pass your food off to a driver who is on the next block.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
People are weird. Omg better take a picture! f*** just enjoying something organically let's do it through a phone!

The whole idea of wanting to freeze time over everything and uploading it to a screen pressing buttons instead of just enjoying the moment and talking about it later kinda gets me. You can't just enjoy something and talk about it with your buddies later over a beer or two? Nope! Gotta snap a picture!

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Cool to see he settled down here post-career. I know a few of the Russian's from that era of the Leafs did, but didn't know Kaberle did (I know he's Czech).

I love seeing guys like Kaberle and Antropov settle down here.
RIP Korolev did (buried in Mt. Pleasent). Yushkevich still lives here (one of my favorite Leafs from that era). Toronto seems to be a pretty desirable city among NHL cities for Russian and Eastern European countries. I know Ponikorovsky got citizenship and was still coming back as of 2018, not sure if he permanently resides here. Toronto has a fairly large population of 1st and 2nd generation immigrants from former Soviet countries, so it's not surprising. NYC, Miami, and LA are also popular among the Russian players.

Also, anyone who would order to try to get a selfie with him during a pandemic is an asshole and completely brain dead.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
People are weird. Omg better take a picture! f*** just enjoying something organically let's do it through a phone!

The whole idea of wanting to freeze time over everything and uploading it to a screen pressing buttons instead of just enjoying the moment and talking about it later kinda gets me. You can't just enjoy something and talk about it with your buddies later over a beer or two? Nope! Gotta snap a picture!

I’ve generally felt the same my whole life but one thing I’ve realized is that you really appreciate those photos when you’re older, and cherish them when you’re elderly.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
*Pulls out a bottle of high proof vodka*
"Tomas, wanna take a shot?"
"No thanks, I'll pass"

Reactions: kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad