maybe a new trend in the NHL draft mentality

Status
Not open for further replies.

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
After watching the draft today and thinking about the order of players chosen we can see that from now on players who don't have good skating abilities will fall by alot due to the changes which will occur in the NHL

Take for example Anze kopitar and Latendresse. I am quite sure that if it were not for their bad skating they would have been picked much higher. Some might say Ryan was picked #2. I guess because he is an awkward skater. Meaning it is his style of skating that makes him a below average skater, and not his natural abilities. You can work with him and change his technique.

freakazoid

May 9, 2005
Canada
waseem said:
After watching the draft today and thinking about the order of players chosen we can see that from now on players who don't have good skating abilities will fall by alot due to the changes which will occur in the NHL

Take for example Anze kopitar and Latendresse. I am quite sure that if it were not for their bad skating they would have been picked much higher. Some might say Ryan was picked #2. I guess because he is an awkward skater. Meaning it is his style of skating that makes him a below average skater, and not his natural abilities. You can work with him and change his technique.
Kopitar slipped not really because of his skating. After the Habs selected Price (WHY?!?!?!) and Columbus jumped on Brule (probably because he is much more NHL ready than Anze and CBJ wants him to join Zherdev and Nash a.s.a.p. to form a dominant offence before Nash sniffs UFA status) Chicago took Skille who was their desired pick all along. Same can be said of S.J. and Ottawa. VAN is fairly empty of top notch D prospects so they took Bourdon (Plus they have Kelser) and Anze fell to L.A. who not only got lucky he was there, but also they address a huge need in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad