TV: Mayans (Sons of Anarchy spinoff)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was reading about the anniversary card that the agent put in EZ's dad's paper. If you notice real big in black marker was a phone #, it's a real number and if you call it there's a voice message from Gemma Teller saying you have reached Teller-Morrow Garage, Nobody's here to take your call because we are all f***ing dead. :laugh:

Newest 'Mayans M.C.' Episode Includes a Twisted 'Sons of Anarchy' Easter Egg

Reactions: tacogeoff

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
This show is hard to watch but im gonna keep on truckin through it.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Still watching. It's about what I expected; seems most expected immediate emotional investment in these characters. C'mon, it takes time.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Wife and I liked it a lot. It definitely got better as you became invested in the characters. It didn't seem like they were trying too hard to be shocking all the time, which I appreciated.

DaBadGuy316

May 26, 2007
VanCity
As a huge SOA fan I was really looking forward to this and for me it definitely delivered. Loved seeing the SOA easter eggs. I liked Alvarez joining the cartel, it was a good way to keep the character around full time going forward. Curious to see how they're going to handle the Happy situation. Also, sup Emily, whatup girl.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Got better as the season went on. Saw it was renewed for season 2. I thought they would build up the characters more like they did in SOA, as other then EZ, his brother and Coco, I don't know the names of anyone else in the club. But was cool to see Happy, interested to see where they take that story line.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Just saw Ep 10, have to say I'm enjoying this more than the last several seasons of SoA. I was more than ready for that show to be done but made myself finish it.
I'd get the argument that this is more of same, but this time around it feels like Sutter is more comfortable with his groove and not just trying to shock everyone.
It's cool to see Hap again, but it's weird to see story line drama that revolves around him. Always a stone cold badass but never an antagonist until now?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
plowed through the last three episodes the other night. I was pleasantly surprised with the progression of the story and the character development has been pretty good. I liked how it wasn't too ridiculous like SOA, I mean it has a few moments but the dialogue and Feds involvement brings it down to earth a bit. Cant wait for season 2.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Did anyone watch this yesterday and if so how was it?

just watched it, I should have gone back and watched the 1st season again as I didn't remember some things but they did a recap so that helped a lot. Thought it was ok. It will be interesting to see how the story unfolds with Happy and SOA.

They had a little info about what SOA is doing now, if anyone is interested but doesn't watch the show they can read about it,

Mayans MC Season 2 First Episode Gives Major Sons Of Anarchy Update

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
the creator of the show and SOA just got fired from FX, wonder if that puts a dent in it getting renewed for next season. I was just about to watch the last episode at some point today, the season has been ok so far, a little slow at times.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
the creator of the show and SOA just got fired from FX, wonder if that puts a dent in it getting renewed for next season. I was just about to watch the last episode at some point today, the season has been ok so far, a little slow at times.

in the other thread I posted a link where he had already handed over the show runner duties to another person

the ground work was being done and he knew he was going to get fired

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Every time I read or watched an interview I was wondering how long the network would put up with him (answer $$$$$). I watch his shows with no reservations or issue because I don't have to work with him, but yeah, he seems like a dick.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I'm amazed that I see nearly nobody talking about this show, when you couldn't go 5 minutes without hearing someone gush about SOA. This show is great, but I guess the masses need someone to tell them what's good.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
just watched the last episode, was one of their better ones, also heavy on the SOA, as Chibs made an appearance along with Happy who's been on several times along with Montez (also his 1st appearance) and Rane Quinn (he's been in a couple episodes but doesn't say much at all). The only other SOA member that's been on the show that I can think of is Les Packer, the president of the San Bernardino chapter played by Robert Patrick (X-Files, tons of other stuff)

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
So far I am liking season 2. The last episode was interesting with the Sons making an appearance. I don't know anyone else who watches this show though. Weird cause i knew tons of people that were watching SOA.

DaBadGuy316

May 26, 2007
VanCity
So far I am liking season 2. The last episode was interesting with the Sons making an appearance. I don't know anyone else who watches this show though. Weird cause i knew tons of people that were watching SOA.
Ive noticed that also. I have friends and family that loved SOA but havent watched Mayans at all for some reason. The buzz is just not there like it was for SOA which is unfortunate because its real fun TV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad