May have some explainations plz? (Perezhogin's case)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewHabsEra*

dmcilvan said:
Perezhogin isn't even the top Canadiens prospect. Andrei Kostitsyn has oodles more offensive talent than Perezhogin and from what I've seen, Perezhogin's defense doesn't impress me all that much. If Kostitsyn can barely crack the top 15, what makes you think that Perezhogin should?

Also, if Perezhogin was good enough to lead the Calder scoring race and +/-, he'd be the number one prospect in the league, but unfortunately, that just won't happen. Even if the NHL was on this year, I don't see him cracking the Canadiens lineup, other than the occasional call-up due to injury.

First, you obviously dont know Perezhogin at all... He developed in a strong 2 way foward being an offensive force everytime he is on the ice as well..

Second, you may be right saying Kostitsyn have more offensive upside than Perezhogin, Kostitsyn's upside is huge but at the moment still very raw, he have several things to work on, have to bulk up, be more explosive and play a smarter 2-way game... The kid is adjusting to the AHL, doesnt speak english very well and is only 19 years old while Perezhogin has already been a force at the AHL level, he was tied in scoring with Semin in the last AHL playoffs and led the +\- department as well before the stick swigning event.

Now Perezhogin is playing with Omsk, is used on the third line, 11 pts in 17 games, no PP time or maybe PP2 at time, has been selected on the roster to represent his country over guys like Semin, Malkin...

You gotta see this kid play to know he is not only NHL ready but should become an offensive force for the Habs when the game resume!

Its not even funny the mistake HF did in their last top 50 prospects list... Perezhogin's ommission show what this list worth, as well as the overall prospects knowledge of who made this list.

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
nomorekids said:
maybe you guys could hook up at a tim horton's and talk about how perezhogin and wellwood will one day be top five goal scorers :D :dunno:
i personally dont like wellwood at all :)

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
top 15.. ahahah come on...

top 50.. ok...

maybe he's a french speaker who always confused fifTEEN and fifTY..lol

NewHabsEra*

nomorekids said:

Thats what Im saying... :shakehead

hope you remember my nickname and apologies...

you will have to explain this one... Why Perezhogin not in the HF top 15? Still worst, why Perezhogin not in the top 50? :joker:

Gainey offered one of Hossa, Hainsey, Balej or Plekanec to the Rangers in return of Kovalev... Why in you opinion wasnt Perezhogin on this list?

Edit: If Grigorenko was a Habs prospect, I bet you anything he would be out of the top 50... His bad accident and current lack of production would give you a good reason to considere him a bust... So you ranked Grigorenko 26th while Perezhogin is having a way more impressive run.

Last edited by a moderator:

CH Wizard

NewHabsArea said:
Gainey offered one of Hossa, Hainsey, Balej or Plekanec to the Rangers in return of Kovalev... Why in you opinion wasnt Perezhogin on this list?

Because He was the more skilled. ;)

No for real , imo it was because He was having an amazing rookie season.Balej was terrible in his rookie season in the AHL :shakehead ;) (even though He was impressive last year).

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
NewHabsArea said:
Thats what Im saying... :shakehead

hope you remember my nickname and apologies...

He will not remember you. In fact, no one will because at this pace, you're soon going to hide in a hole, like many before you who have embarassed themselves in such ways and are nowehere to be seen.

Unfortunately, as usual someone will take your place and spread more crap. It's like the metaphysical hockey board equivalent of reincarnation. That really sucks.

I'd prefer if there was a special place in hell for hockey chearleaders like you, Borro and a whole bunch of others. We could weed them one at a time and hope that better days are ahead.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Legionnaire said:
Balej > Perezhogin

You traded the wrong guy. ;)

Certainly not. Balej was one of my favorite prospect. I was kinda frustrated when Gainey traded him, but I would be even more frustrated if he had traded Perezhogin instead of Balej. Why? Perezhogin dominated the AHL before his incident, he was great defensively and was the best player on the team by far. I wasn't expecting much of this kid before I saw him live, he impressed me. Fact is, everyone were saying that Perezhogin was great... before the incident.

As for the thread starter, well, there are a lot of great prospects out there you know.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Legionnaire said:
Balej > Perezhogin

You traded the wrong guy. ;)

The same Balej who got healthy scratched a couple days ago and who has 11 pts in 20 AHL games on a good Hartford team ? And we're talking about Alexander Perezhogin who has 11 pts in 17 games in the much more competitive RSL right ?

Oh and btw Balej is a HS for a 2nd game in a row tonight !

Last edited:

NewHabsEra*

Vlad The Impaler said:
He will not remember you. In fact, no one will because at this pace, you're soon going to hide in a hole, like many before you who have embarassed themselves in such ways and are nowehere to be seen.

Unfortunately, as usual someone will take your place and spread more crap. It's like the metaphysical hockey board equivalent of reincarnation. That really sucks.

I'd prefer if there was a special place in hell for hockey chearleaders like you, Borro and a whole bunch of others. We could weed them one at a time and hope that better days are ahead.

Even with 8000 posts, there is a reason why you are not a mod. ;)

Im simply asking why is'nt Perezhogin in the top 15, what is totally laughable.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Vlad The Impaler said:

heille calme toi...

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
NewHabsArea said:
Even with 8000 posts, there is a reason why you are not a mod. ;)
What does post count have to do with him being a mod? Could it be that not everyone wants to be a mod?

And I too would rank Perezhogin around 40. Definately not top 30, let alone top 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad