Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RD - Anton Johansson

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Elmer Söderblom wins the 6th round. ~53.7% of votes.

#1 LD - Simon Edvinsson 85.5% (6th overall, 1st round, 2021 draft)
#2 C - Marco Kasper 87.6% (8th overall, 1st round, 2022 draft)
#3 G - Sebastian Cossa 45,5% (15th overall, 1st round 2021 draft)
#4 LD - William Wallinder 42,6% (32nd overall, 2nd round 2020 draft)
#5 RW - Carter Mazur 57.0% (70th overall, 3rd round 2021 draft)
#6 LW - Elmer Söderblom 53.7% (159th overall, 6th round 2019 draft)

Shai Buium is the add for this round.

At next round I'm gonna add Red Savage, because we need some other Center in here.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
AlJo again. But if Lombardi becomes what his fanboys think he can be, I'll be happy to look like a fool later.
This is a case, like several in the past, where I’m voting for AlJo because of proximity and liking his game, while also identifying guys like Lombardi and Buchelnikov as having high ceilings and who could be fast risers.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
It was close but I went with Lombardi over Johansson.

I think Johansson is so slight of frame that his offence is going to make or break his NHL career. And he will need to have decent offence too. If he's putting up 20pts a season I don't think his other abilities make up for it. So I'm thinking he's going to need to be at least a 30-40pt dman in his prime to justify an NHL spot. But even if his offence pans out, he'll still have limited usefulness. Not writing him off at all, but 15pts in 53 games in the AHL in his D+4 season doesn't inspire a huge amount of confidence.

Lombardi, while not having as much experience, had a phenomenal D+1 season. He looks to have a much higher ceiling, and until he deviates from that path I'll continue to be high on him. That gives him the edge for me.

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
Would like to ask my question from last round. Does someone know for sure Mastrosimone is no longer a DRW prospect? He is a better kid than Gylander or Buium or Anton and probably James.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Would like to ask my question from last round. Does someone know for sure Mastrosimone is no longer a DRW prospect? He is a better kid than Gylander or Buium or Anton and probably James.
He technically still is, but it’s doubtful he signs with Detroit. He’s expected to become a UFA in a few months and sign elsewhere.

I liked him soon after Detroit picked him. Had some hype as a heady player, got picked for the WJC roster, but then got Covid, missed the tourney, and never really seemed to recover in terms of development. Nice rebound this season, offensively, on a run-and-gun ASU team, should get a chance somewhere in camp this fall, but I think we can forget about him as a Detroit prospect.

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

We still have his rights for june 30 I think. If not signed, he'll be UFA.

Could see Yzerman will sign him for AHL deal. Outside the NHL contract limit, like Tyutyayev.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
U24 update:

Berggren 22y ---- Kasper 19y ---- Raymond 21y
Söderblom 21y - Rasmussen 24y - Mazur 21y
Veleno 23y --------- XXX -------- Zadina 23y
XXX - XXX - XXX

Edvinsson 20y -- Seider 22y
Wallinder 20y -- XXX
XXX --- XXX

Cossa 20y
XXX

These are graduated and already voted guys.

Using U25 does not make any difference and U23 excludes only Rasmussen.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Lombardi by a hair over AJo. Though the thing I like about both of them is skating first and foremost something we can use more of on the Wings. Lombardi is really good on his backhand and playing through traffic. It really sticks out, feels like some of the picks Yzerman and his staff hit on in Tampa that have been successful.

Last edited:

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
U24 update:

Berggren 22y ---- Kasper 19y ---- Raymond 21y
Söderblom 21y - Rasmussen 24y - Mazur 21y
Veleno 23y --------- XXX -------- Zadina 23y
XXX - XXX - XXX

Edvinsson 20y -- Seider 22y
Wallinder 20y -- XXX
XXX --- XXX

Cossa 20y
XXX

These are graduated and already voted guys.

Using U25 does not make any difference and U23 excludes only Rasmussen.

Ok, but uhhh, those "xxx" will need to work out.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Looking at the prospect pool makes me feel really good at about the future. Going back four years to May 2019, it has really come a long way.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Lombardi vs Johansson is an interesting and difficult one. Could see the argument for either one. I’ll go with Lombardi because I feel like Johansson is starting to get lost in the shuffle a little.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Lombardi by a hair over AJo. Though the thing I like about both of them is skating first and foremost something we can use more of on the Wings. Lombardi is really good on his backhand and playing through traffic. It really sticks out, feels like some of the picks Yzerman and his staff hit on in Tampa that have been successful.

Specifically Point for me. If he can be even 2/3 as good we'll have a good player on our hands.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Lombardi vs Johansson is an interesting and difficult one. Could see the argument for either one. I’ll go with Lombardi because I feel like Johansson is starting to get lost in the shuffle a little.
He doesn't feel like a bottom pairing D-man. If we pick a D-man with 9 or 17 it becomes real interesting in terms of projections. I mean we should have a very good backend at some point if they make that investment, but something will have to give. I still like AJo's game, it feels like he should have more offense. He also might be a player who with his puck movement becomes better with more talent around him making the high level reads. He snaps pretty good outlets that NHL players might do more with.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He doesn't feel like a bottom pairing D-man. If we pick a D-man with 9 or 17 it becomes real interesting in terms of projections. I mean we should have a very good backend at some point if they make that investment, but something will have to give. I still like AJo's game, it feels like he should have more offense. He also might be a player who with his puck movement becomes better with more talent around him making the high level reads. He snaps pretty good outlets that NHL players might do more with.
Yeah he doesn’t feel like a vanilla bottom pairing guy like Sebrango or McIsaac. I think he’s more talented than that. But I thought he would have a better season than he did. We probably need a little more patience with him and he needs some more time to hit his potential.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah he doesn’t feel like a vanilla bottom pairing guy like Sebrango or McIsaac. I think he’s more talented than that. But I thought he would have a better season than he did. We probably need a little more patience with him and he needs some more time to hit his potential.
The good news is the organization seemed high on his season. So they likes a lot of the underlying stuff with him clearly, they continuously have brought him up as someone knocking. I thought he would have more offensive punch, but GR had a bad coaching staff and a lot of guys struggled. I have by no means given up on him, but I do see him in a different tier than Wallinder, so the spots do start to dry up.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

That said, if he becomes an Olli Maatta type for the bottom pair that would be decent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad